BT pulls another scam trick try to hoodwink customers

Old April 2nd 04, 07:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

Default BT pulls another scam trick try to hoodwink customers

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 21:05:23 +0000, Graham in Melton
wrote:

On 26/3/04 7:17 pm, in article ,
"half_pint" wrote:

SNIP
Utilities are very much simpler, very much less capital intensive and
certainly don't need replacing as often.

Thats a pile of ******** and you would know it if you had a brain.
I take it you would find it cheaper to string a cable between two poles
than dig a 4 foot deep thrench in the ground.

And thatıs what you think all is required .....

Tell you what mate I will string a cable to the pole nearest my house and
you can dig
a 4 foot deep thrench to it.

Kraftee - put him right will you as you know what the job involves ... He
won't believe you of course and he's an expert

We will see how finishes first and needs the biggest investment to
complete the estate.
Wanna bet who?
Care to put your money where your "carrier grade" mouth is?

Yes, I did so for over 20 years ..... Which appears to be higher than your
IQ.

When was the last time anyone built an estate with overhead cables ?

What BT do, when a new estate is mooted, is say to the developer - "We
suggest you run duct to every house at your expense. Otherwise all the
purchasers of your fine new houses will have to wait for us to come
along and dig the roads up and install poles before they can have
telephone service - it's a no brainer. BT get the infrastructure built
at no cost to themselves. All they have to do is tie in the builders
duct to the nearest cabinet.

--
Cheers

Peter

Remove the INVALID to reply
Old April 2nd 04, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
K-Tel Ronco

"Peter" wrote in message
"What BT do, when a new estate is mooted, is say to the developer - "We
suggest you run duct to every house at your expense."
What's the problem with that? I think you will find the water companies,
sewage, & gas are the same.