DSL604+ and streaming help please?

Old April 2nd 04, 10:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill on the hill

Default DSL604+ and streaming help please?

Hello all,

Trying to stream audio to Shoutcast from a machine on my LAN.

Shoutcast says it can't find my computer, and then quotes an IP address
followed by :8000, the IP address is not the one the ISP has given my
router. It tells me to remove firewalls tun off NAT etc, tried that and no
joy.

Any tips please?

Router is a D-Link DSL 604+

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Old April 3rd 04, 04:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Perkin

"Bill on the hill" wrote in
news:[email protected]:

Trying to stream audio to Shoutcast from a machine on my LAN.
Router is a D-Link DSL 604+

Strange. One of my teenage lads manages it from behind my DSL-604+
without *any* additional configuring at all...

The incorrect IP address is a 'feature'. Don't worry about it. The
:8000 refers to the port used by Shoutcast. You may also need port
8001.

Here's some info + suggestions:
- until you have things working, disable any software firewall
products (including WinXP's ICF) and try. Some products don't like to
be 'disabled' but have to be uninstalled. If it now works, you've
cracked it.
- allocate a static IP address to your PC, that is above the range
allocated dynamically by the router, for example 192.168.0.100
- configure this IP address into the DMZ. If it now works, you know
that the ports need to be forwarded to your PC
- remove the IP address from the DMZ. Use the Configration | Port
Redirection screen to forward ports 8000 - 8001 for both TCP and UDP
protocols to your allocated IP address
- once it's all working, reinstall/enable any software firewall
products. If it now stops working, set up a rule to allow any traffic
between local IP devices (ie addresses 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.254)

Hope this helps

--

Richard Perkin
To email me, change the AT in the address below

is. If you don't, it's its. Then too, it's hers. It isn't her's.
It isn't our's either. It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.