BTHH+ADSL with dialup still available?

Old April 2nd 04, 11:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Default BTHH+ADSL with dialup still available?

Peter wrote:
Presently I access Clara via BTHH via a Cisco 803 router. The router
took an awful lot of config to make it work properly in the fact of
constant Blaster etc attacks (mainly from other Clara customers).
So I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Given I want to keep the BTHH (for ISDN, 2 lines, 1 phone, 1 fax,
useful linking to the ISDN PBX at the office) what would be the
simplest way to get internet access via ADSL?

Ordering another line...

Presumably I could just buy another Cisco router but with an
ethernet port into which I would connect the ADSL modem. I know
there are many combined routers now but I would like to be able to
re-use the config I have as much as poss.

Why not get a Cisco DSL router, or should that be get a DSL card to put into
another Cisco router. (I have met up with Cisco DSL routers anyway)

Will BT provide me with ADSL without losing the BTHH?

Yes if you order another line, BT (or indeed any UK telco) do not offer DSL
over ISDN, unlike in other countries..

And if ADSL
failed, how could I revert back to the dialup via BTHH? I don't know
if any ISPs offer a dialup access into a BB account. Ideally a
single router would attempt to connect via BB and if it cannot for
say 10 secs, then dial out via ISDN.

You wouldn't be reverting back as you wouldn't be losing the HH..