BTHH+ADSL with dialup still available?

Old April 3rd 04, 11:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wade

Default BTHH+ADSL with dialup still available?

"Peter" wrote in message
news

Phil Thompson wrote

Will BT provide me with ADSL without losing the BTHH? And if ADSL
failed, how could I revert back to the dialup via BTHH?

if you get a new analogue line to supply the ADSL and put an ethernet
based router on that (1 port will be enough) you can flip from ADSL to
your current HH by changing the default gateway on client PCs from
ADSL router to ISDN router

Yes, excellent!

So I have to order another BT line, which means I will have three
voice/fax/analog lines... almost as quick as ADSL

No, HH provides two concurent circuits over a single line. That is there is
only one copper pair to the exchange, but it can handle two calls at once.
The difference becomes apparent when you order the second line. Most feeds
from the local junction box to the "house" contrain two pairs. With HH you
should have a pair free and can have abother line. If you had two LINES you
would need and extra drop cable from the box, which might be tricky.

Peter.
E-mail replies to but remove the X and the Y.

Old April 3rd 04, 04:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

David Wade wrote:
"Peter" wrote in message
[...]

Not through the magic of DACS...
Old April 3rd 04, 07:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wade

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
David Wade wrote:
"Peter" wrote in message
[...]

Of course you can't DACS HH which was I "forgot" that wonderful solution :-)