To all those people still with BT for internet access - How the cancellation dept actually works

Old April 3rd 04, 11:43 AM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk.btinternet,uk.telecom.broadband
Clueless

Default To all those people still with BT for internet access - How the cancellation dept actually works

The Guardian have an article here
http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/st...183552,00.html
which gives a flavour of the way things are handled not just here but at
every other call centre whether in the UK or India. So cancelling Direct
Debits or changing credit cards might be a better idea along with sending a
recorded letter.

S. Althaf

Say No to the TCPA.
Added Samsung laptops to the boycott list due to a TCPA bios.
Read more at
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html

Old April 3rd 04, 08:49 PM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk.btinternet,uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel B. Wells

Doesn't surprise me,

Used to work in one of the call centres.... nasty place to work. The people
are all great, but BT ties your hands so you can't help people when you
really want to.

Next time you're on the phone to one of the BT call centres, remember it's
not that persons fault, it's BT.

Cheers,

Dan

Old April 3rd 04, 09:01 PM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk.btinternet,uk.telecom.broadband
Grant Crozier

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 19:49:09 +0100, "Daniel B. Wells"
wrote:
Next time you're on the phone to one of the BT call centres, remember it's
not that persons fault, it's BT.

Explain this then Dan why is it that some BT call center staff are so
un helpful and others just cannot do enough to help ?? .

Grant .
Old April 3rd 04, 10:08 PM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk.btinternet,uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel B. Wells

Grant,

Some people are more willing to bend the rules than others.

There are ways and means to give discounts if you really want to, there are
also ways to ensure that customers can have a good service, but to use these
methods too much would mean getting called up by the supervisor and given a
warning.

Some staff work by the book, and therefore appear unhelpful, whereas others
bend the rules slightly and therefore seem eager to help.

Dan

s.com...

Old April 4th 04, 12:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Vic

wrote:

Next time you're on the phone to one of the BT call centres, remember it's
not that persons fault, it's BT.

Wrong.

As far as I (the customer) am concerned, the voice on the end of the
phone is the human face of the legal fiction that is BT.

For the purposes of sorting out my woes, they *are* BT.

How could it be any other way?

Vic.
Old April 13th 04, 07:12 PM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk.btinternet,uk.telecom.broadband
TheMan

What a wonderful article, makes me glad I moved to a better ISP whose
helpdesk people answer from within ENGLAND.
Don't forget the old adage: pay peanuts, get monkeys.

Before you start having a go, I have worked in call centres and help desks
for a total of 15 years, (thank goodness for retirement).

Old April 15th 04, 05:59 PM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk.btinternet,uk.telecom.broadband
XpUser

After careful thought and consideration TheMan typed:
What a wonderful article, makes me glad I moved to a better ISP whose
helpdesk people answer from within ENGLAND.
Don't forget the old adage: pay peanuts, get monkeys.

or you can answer from within ENGLAND, pay huge amounts and still get
monkeys. just try phoning NTL for help...all UK based staff, all useless.