bt voip cisco ata 186 on cable droping calls

Old April 3rd 04, 07:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Woolley

Default bt voip cisco ata 186 on cable droping calls

I have a cisco ata186 box on a BT VOIP contract connected to my telewest
broadband (512k). Anyone any ideas as to why it randomly drops calls and
then I do not get a dial tone back for ages

paul woolley

Old April 4th 04, 12:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Paul Woolley wrote:
I have a cisco ata186 box on a BT VOIP contract connected to my telewest
broadband (512k). Anyone any ideas as to why it randomly drops calls and
then I do not get a dial tone back for ages

Is the connection idle?
Old April 4th 04, 12:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 18:36:24 +0100, "Paul Woolley"
wrote:

then I do not get a dial tone back for ages

it has lost contact with the server. Cycle the power.

Phil
Old April 4th 04, 08:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dd

Paul Woolley wrote:
I have a cisco ata186 box on a BT VOIP contract connected
to my telewest broadband (512k). Anyone any ideas as to
why it randomly drops calls and then I do not get a dial
tone back for ages

paul woolley

Is it connected directly to the modem?
I had endless problems like that with a Linksys router, eventually replaced it
with the BT recommended Netgear and now it's fine.

Old April 4th 04, 04:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dd

Paul Woolley wrote:
yes its connect to a linksys router

I originally had a Linksys BEFSR41.
The problems I had were calls being cut off, usually withing the first 30 mins
and the ATA losing it's connecting and not being able to make or accept calls
without restarting it and the router.

Unfortunately I never did figure out a solution and just gave up instead,

Sorry if this isn't much help.