Tesco Broadband

Old April 3rd 04, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kris

Default Tesco Broadband

Not a rumour, it's coming soon.

Be interesting to see the pricing. I'm waiting ...
well pleased with their Anytime dialup.

Chris

Old April 4th 04, 10:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Si

"Kris" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Not a rumour, it's coming soon.

Be interesting to see the pricing. I'm waiting ...
well pleased with their Anytime dialup.

Chris

I personally would not give Tesco any money - they are too big as a company
and other smaller ISP's will loose out. There are other ISP's offering 512
ADSL for approx 16 to 17 a month. Have a look on www.adslguide.org

As it stands, 1 in every 8 goes through Tesco's tills and they have over
1 billion profit every year. I personally will not be putting any more
money into their tills by either shopping in their stores, or paying for the
other services they offer.

Si.

Old April 4th 04, 10:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stevie

Si wrote:
"Kris" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

Not a rumour, it's coming soon.

Be interesting to see the pricing. I'm waiting ...
well pleased with their Anytime dialup.

Chris

I personally would not give Tesco any money - they are too big as a company
and other smaller ISP's will loose out. There are other ISP's offering 512
ADSL for approx 16 to 17 a month. Have a look on www.adslguide.org

As it stands, 1 in every 8 goes through Tesco's tills and they have over
1 billion profit every year. I personally will not be putting any more
money into their tills by either shopping in their stores, or paying for the
other services they offer.

Si.

Ok - so you're not going to use Tesco because they're doing very well by
offering a good value for money service for their customers.

But you ARE willing to use Microsoft products - who are doing very well
by making sure there's no other competitors out there to seriously
challenge them?
Old April 4th 04, 10:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JD

"Stevie" wrote in message
Si wrote:
"Kris" wrote in message
[...]

Ah yes, but they are free )

Old April 4th 04, 11:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mantorok

"Si" wrote in message
"Kris" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Not a rumour, it's coming soon.

Be interesting to see the pricing. I'm waiting ...
well pleased with their Anytime dialup.

Chris

I personally would not give Tesco any money - they are too big as a

company
and other smaller ISP's will loose out. There are other ISP's offering 512
ADSL for approx 16 to 17 a month. Have a look on www.adslguide.org

As it stands, 1 in every 8 goes through Tesco's tills and they have over
1 billion profit every year. I personally will not be putting any more
money into their tills by either shopping in their stores, or paying for

the
other services they offer.

And how do you think companies do well then? By magic?

Every company starts somewhere, and without customers, how are they supposed
to grow? Are you going to stop using a company for BB if they start doing
really well?

Kev

Old April 4th 04, 11:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mantorok

"JD" wrote in message

"Stevie" wrote in message
Si wrote:
"Kris" wrote in message
[...]

There are tons of other companies offering free software, not just MS, and
they are certainly superior to MS.

Kev

Old April 4th 04, 11:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

In article ,
JD wrote:
But you ARE willing to use Microsoft products - who are doing very well
by making sure there's no other competitors out there to seriously
challenge them?

Ah yes, but they are free )

But they are free only because Microsoft is making sure there are no other
competitors out there to seriously challenge them! Spend a few pounds or
dollars on Opera, or use Mozilla or (as I do) trn.

Zane.
Old April 4th 04, 12:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grant Crozier

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 10:11:08 +0100, "Si" wrote:
I personally would not give Tesco any money - they are too big as a company
and other smaller ISP's will loose out. There are other ISP's offering 512
ADSL for approx 16 to 17 a month. Have a look on www.adslguide.org

If the Tesco BB service is half as good as their dial up service it
will be much better than any of the 16-17 products you speak of
if you want quality you have to be prepared to pay for it .
As it stands, 1 in every 8 goes through Tesco's tills and they have over
1 billion profit every year.

So what if any business don't make a profit they go under Tesco sank
millions of pounds into building new supermarkets and now they are
reaping the rewards of doing so !. I am not madly in love with Tesco
mainly because I just do not like the look and size of their stores I
am a Sainsburys man myself have been for years but I do frequent Tesco
now and then also .
I personally will not be putting any more
money into their tills by either shopping in their stores, or paying for the
other services they offer.

Please don't be stupid you have to do your shopping somewhere and put
your cash into someone's till be it Tesco, Sainsburys or Morrisons
or you could of course put your cash into the till of Mr Patel who
owns the corner shop. I for one know who's till I like my cash to go
in to and it ain't the corner shops no matter who the owner is .
Grant .