DM602 + PPPoA Authentication

Old April 3rd 04, 09:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Edwards

Default DM602 + PPPoA Authentication

I am based in Gibraltar where the local Telco offers only PPPoA ADSL. The
service requires authentication. The Telco has provided me with a fixed IP
address. I understand that the systems in use are all to UK standards.

I have a Netgear DM602 which I initially tried to use in its "Router Mode".
It seems to have problems forwarding (PPTP) VPN connection requests to the
VPN server sitting behind it when using either the Port forwarding facility
or the DMZ facility In addition, most VPN connection attempts (when they
eventually time out) seem to cause the router to stop working, and it
invariably requires a reboot!

The absolute ideal for me would be to use the device in "Modem" mode, but I
am not offered the chance to provide any logon credentials.

Does anybody know a way I can get around these problems? Is their a way via
the Telnet interface?

Regards

Martin Edwards

Old April 11th 04, 01:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Watt

"Martin Edwards" wrote in message ws.com...
[...]

Buy a router from me which will work OK with a VPN, I might even
give you a decent trade in on your current unsuitable one.

If you wanted a plain modem you could have stuck with that 'free'
box they gave you with the line.

Jim Watt
Interactive Systems Ltd
http://www.gibnet.com/isl