Speedtouch 330 modem and Bluetooth dongle conflict

Old April 4th 04, 12:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,comp.sys.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc
Stuart Cormie

Default Speedtouch 330 modem and Bluetooth dongle conflict

Any suggestions to resolve the following issue would be gratefully
received:

I'm running a Alcatel Speedtouch 330 ADSL external USB modem on
Windows 98SE. Worked absolutely fine until the day I installed a
D-Link DBT-120 Bluetooth dongle on the machine. Now, every 5 minutes
or so, my broadband connection freezes for 30 seconds or so -- then
resumes as if nothing had happened. No error messages appear. The
green LEDs on the modem stay lit.

Have got the modem and the dongle plugged into separate USB PCI cards,
for what it's worth.

No difference whether I 'stop' the dongle, or physically remove it.
But if I remove the Bluetooth software, normal service is resumed.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Stu C
Old April 4th 04, 03:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,comp.sys.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc
Peter Crosland

The 330 is notorious for causing problems due to excess power consumption.
Also USB is flaky in SE. Solution: get a NIC and router as well as consider
upgrade to XP
--
gee six jay en