Netgear DG834/DG834G New Firmware released

Old April 4th 04, 04:11 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

Default Netgear DG834/DG834G New Firmware released

As I haven't seen it mentioned here..

Netgear have released new firmware version for the DG834 and the DG834G

Version 1.04.00 was released on the 1st April 2004 and is available for
download at http://kbserver.netgear.com/support_...asp?dnldID=667

New Features Overview, Version 1.04.00

1. WPA-802.1x.
2. Wireless Isolation support : Isolates wireless clients from each other.
3. Support for PPPoE with Static IP address.
4. Add support for text mode configuration files
5. Add DynDNS events to log.
6. Knowledge Base Link : A link to the DG834 support page is included in the
main menu.

Modifications and Bug Fixes, Version 1.04.00

1. PPTP passthrough fixed.
2. MSN Messenger 6 incompatibilities fixed.
3. Improved wireless compatibility with pre-standard 802.11g clients.
4. Improved PPP error condition behavior.
5. Improved firewall behavior when NAT is disabled.
6. Updated ADSL microcode.

As with all firmware upgrades etc, follow the instructions and upgrade at
your own risk...

Regards
Sunil

Old April 4th 04, 04:25 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

Thanks Sunil

Hope it corrects my fairly regular need to reset problem

Paul

This footnote confirms that this email message
has been swept by Norton AntiVirus for the
presence of computer viruses.

This computer is protected
by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector

Old April 4th 04, 08:00 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Lawrence Stromski

Lucky you DG834 guys, I might as well chuck my DG814 in the bin. It's not
even heavy enough to use as a doorstop for god sakes (much less handling UDP
packets)!!!!!
I wish Netgear would comit some time to fixing this product, surely it can't
be that hard? Start by taking all the cheepo graphics and "pretty" colors
out of the web interface to free up some memory????

My Origo ASR-8400 router cost half as much and does the job twice as well
and even does some things that Netgear routers won't do :-) (And all the
material is available on the net to program it myself, can't even find out
whats inside a Netgear)

Death to Netgear!!

-Lawrence.

Old April 4th 04, 09:34 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Clive Page

In message , Paul
writes
Thanks Sunil

Hope it corrects my fairly regular need to reset problem

I'd like to echo both those sentiments - I was told there was an update
coming and searched the Netgear site last week, but failed to find it.
If only they were as good at writing software as they are at hiding
patches.

--
Clive Page
Old April 4th 04, 09:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Vic

Works for me!

Cheers,

Vic.
Old April 4th 04, 10:20 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Lawrence Stromski" wrote in message
Lucky you DG834 guys, I might as well chuck my DG814 in the bin. It's not
even heavy enough to use as a doorstop for god sakes (much less handling

UDP
packets)!!!!!
I wish Netgear would comit some time to fixing this product, surely it

can't
be that hard? Start by taking all the cheepo graphics and "pretty" colors
out of the web interface to free up some memory????

Which version firmware do you have for the DG814 ?

Just looked and it seems that Netgear have released v4.10
(http://kbserver.netgear.com/support_...asp?dnldID=654) which may help
you.

I had thought that v4.9 was the latest but this was released on the
19/03/04 - though I do see a thread about v4.10 dated the 30/3/04 in
uk.telecom.broadband that I had forgotten about...

No new features, just bug fixes

Regards
Sunil

Old April 4th 04, 11:34 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Filthy Rich

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 16:11:44 +0100, "Sunil Sood"
wrote:

[...]

Known Issues, Version 1.03.00
3. Firewall rules by Schedule is broken.

This is the most important feature for me. Is it fixed in 1.04 ?

Filthy Rich
Music House
Old April 5th 04, 02:42 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Martin2

Released on 1st April ? That should be good for a laugh !

Anyone want's to be a guinea pig and freeze their dodgy Netgear ?
Regards
Martin (now thankfully in Netgear free zone)

Old April 5th 04, 08:17 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

Well I must admit to having looked carefully and using my link to Netgears
site and going from there. It seems Kocha but you are bound to ask why not
the 31st March or the 2ns April don't you? So far so good with 1.04

Paul

Old April 5th 04, 06:28 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Filthy Rich" wrote in message

Version 1.04.00 was released on the 1st April 2004 and is available for
download at http://kbserver.netgear.com/support_...asp?dnldID=667

Known Issues, Version 1.03.00
3. Firewall rules by Schedule is broken.

This is the most important feature for me. Is it fixed in 1.04 ?

I would assume so as it was a "Known Issue" in the previous version but
hopefully one of the other posters on this thread, can confirm it..

I don't actually have a DG834/G myself....

Regards
Sunil