U.S. Robotics USR9106 54Mbps Wireless ADSL Router and networking

Old April 5th 04, 07:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
trevor mitten

Default U.S. Robotics USR9106 54Mbps Wireless ADSL Router and networking

Hi
am thinking of buying a
U.S. Robotics USR9106 54Mbps Wireless ADSL Router
three questions,
if I buy it know can I use it simply as a wireless lan with my laptop

will it work though 2 layers of cavity filled wall , through a single skin
breeze block and travel about 10 metres ok
thanks in advance

Also how do i set it up so me and my friends can all play half life online
at same time! (have an 8 port netgear 100mb hub

thanks in advance

Trevor

Old April 5th 04, 09:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CyaD

"trevor mitten" wrote in message
Hi
am thinking of buying a
U.S. Robotics USR9106 54Mbps Wireless ADSL Router
three questions,
if I buy it know can I use it simply as a wireless lan with my laptop

will it work though 2 layers of cavity filled wall , through a single skin
breeze block and travel about 10 metres ok
thanks in advance

Also how do i set it up so me and my friends can all play half life online
at same time! (have an 8 port netgear 100mb hub

thanks in advance

Trevor

Should be OK, but may not always work at maximum speed. I bought one a
couple of weeks ago and am very happy with it. They are currently being
sold as bundles with the 5410 lap-top card for around 100 + VAT.

Mine set itself up in a few minutes and has been working flawlessly ever
since. The signal strength at 10m through 3 solid walls varies with the
exact position of the 5410, but can be at the maximum rate.

I can't answer your last question.

Cyad