Remote control using VNC not working on local network.

Old April 5th 04, 09:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JPG

Default Remote control using VNC not working on local network.

I have a WiFi Palm OS handheld with Palm VNC, and I have installed the latest
WinVNC server on my PC. I cannot get the Palm VNC to talk to the PC. It
connects over the network but fails to initialise, not recognising the IP
address/port assigned to my machine by my ISP or by my router.

I have a Belkin broadband router hardwired to the PC, and a Win 98 machine
(rarely used) with a wireless PCI ethernet card.

The Palm connects to the internet with no problem and also SmbMate also works,
allowing me to look at my host PC's file system.

JPG
Old April 5th 04, 04:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

JPG wrote in message . ..
I have a WiFi Palm OS handheld with Palm VNC, and I have installed the latest
WinVNC server on my PC. I cannot get the Palm VNC to talk to the PC. It
connects over the network but fails to initialise, not recognising the IP
address/port assigned to my machine by my ISP or by my router.

I have a Belkin broadband router hardwired to the PC, and a Win 98 machine
(rarely used) with a wireless PCI ethernet card.

The Palm connects to the internet with no problem and also SmbMate also works,
allowing me to look at my host PC's file system.

JPG

Are you sure the port is open that VNC uses.

Ian
Old April 5th 04, 10:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham Tavener

"Ian" wrote in message
om...
JPG wrote in message

. ..
I have a WiFi Palm OS handheld with Palm VNC, and I have installed the

latest
WinVNC server on my PC. I cannot get the Palm VNC to talk to the PC.

It
connects over the network but fails to initialise, not recognising the

IP
address/port assigned to my machine by my ISP or by my router.

I have a Belkin broadband router hardwired to the PC, and a Win 98

machine
(rarely used) with a wireless PCI ethernet card.

The Palm connects to the internet with no problem and also SmbMate also

works,
allowing me to look at my host PC's file system.

JPG

Are you sure the port is open that VNC uses.

Ian

Are you using a firewall? As Ian suggests, make sure the port is open.

Old April 6th 04, 01:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Marcel Bartels

JPG wrote:

WinVNC server on my PC. I cannot get the Palm VNC to talk to the PC. It

VNC: Port 5900 for incoming connections and all outgoing shall be open.

Marcel
--
Who comsumes all my bandwidth? I wanted to know it more detailed.
That's what came out: http://www trafficstatistic.com/