Questions for PlusNet Support

Old April 5th 04, 11:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sean

Default Questions for PlusNet Support

My local exchange gets upgraded on the 30 June. I am looking at self-
install on PlusNet's 1Mb service. A couple of questions for you...

I am currently with Fast24 and have a .co.uk domain name. I want to keep
this domain name, so do you offer this type of service? If not who would
you recommend to host mail etc. Would you handle the domain transfer
request?

2ndly would I be able to book an installation/activation date of the 1st
July?

I've been fairly impressed by what I've read about PlusNet so far and
that's what your own users have written about you so look forward to
your reply.
Old April 5th 04, 01:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 11:30:42 +0100, Sean
wrote:

My local exchange gets upgraded on the 30 June. I am looking at self-
install on PlusNet's 1Mb service. A couple of questions for you...

I am currently with Fast24 and have a .co.uk domain name. I want to keep
this domain name, so do you offer this type of service? If not who would
you recommend to host mail etc. Would you handle the domain transfer
request?

2ndly would I be able to book an installation/activation date of the 1st
July?

I've been fairly impressed by what I've read about PlusNet so far and
that's what your own users have written about you so look forward to
your reply.

Hi there,

If your exchange is set to convert on the 30 June, we can take an
advance order, but the work won't be able to start until the 30th
June.

Please go to this link for further info on this:

http://www.plus.net/registeryourinterest/

We can certainly host your domain (that will be free for hosting), or
you can transfer it in for 1 a month and we will cover renewal as
well.

kind regards

Luke
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----+
Old April 5th 04, 04:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alistair

Sean wrote in message ET...
My local exchange gets upgraded on the 30 June. I am looking at self-
install on PlusNet's 1Mb service. A couple of questions for you...

I am currently with Fast24 and have a .co.uk domain name. I want to keep
this domain name, so do you offer this type of service? If not who would
you recommend to host mail etc. Would you handle the domain transfer
request?

2ndly would I be able to book an installation/activation date of the 1st
July?

I've been fairly impressed by what I've read about PlusNet so far and
that's what your own users have written about you so look forward to
your reply.

Don't be too impressed...yet!
My debit card expired and Plusnet sent me a reminder that they could
not take payment for the month. No big deal really, except that they
threatened me with debt collectors in the same email if I didn't pay
up asap. How nice of them!!

Bye Bye PlusNet!
Old April 5th 04, 05:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
K-Tel Ronco

"PlusNet Support" wrote in message
"or you can transfer it in for 1 a month and we will cover renewal as
well."

What a bargain 24 for a .co.uk for 2 years.........

Take a look at plusnet's 'webspace and cgi' status page before thinking this
was a deal too good to be true.........

Old April 5th 04, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
spam

"Alistair" wrote in message
om...
Sean wrote in message

ET...
My local exchange gets upgraded on the 30 June. I am looking at self-

snipped

that's what your own users have written about you so look forward to
your reply.

Don't be too impressed...yet!
My debit card expired and Plusnet sent me a reminder that they could
not take payment for the month. No big deal really, except that they
threatened me with debt collectors in the same email if I didn't pay
up asap. How nice of them!!

Bye Bye PlusNet!

Had worse from other companies (1 & 1)-surcharges for missed payments, when
fault was on their side.

Never any trouble with Plusnet.

Old April 5th 04, 11:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alistairr

"K-Tel Ronco" wrote in
message ...

"PlusNet Support" wrote in message
"or you can transfer it in for 1 a month and we will cover renewal as
well."

What a bargain 24 for a .co.uk for 2 years.........

Take a look at plusnet's 'webspace and cgi' status page before thinking

this
was a deal too good to be true.........

It is too good to be true. Try cancelling your account for whatever reason,
and see how much they hit you for for the domain name. Jeez....!

Old April 6th 04, 06:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
K-Tel Ronco

That's because your a ******.......

Old April 6th 04, 06:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
K-Tel Ronco

"Alistairr" wrote in message
news[email protected]

"It is too good to be true. Try cancelling your account for whatever reason,
and see how much they hit you for for the domain name. Jeez....!"

You move them FIRST - this really ****es them off....... the phrase that
sticks was 'Raping customers for cash'

Old April 6th 04, 02:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sean

On the Mon, 5 Apr 2004 17:14:50 +0100, K-Tel Ronco uttered forth the
following...
What a bargain 24 for a .co.uk for 2 years.........

I know I can get cheaper elsewhere for hosting.. and as for getting
worked up about a standard letter, no point! These warnings etc. have to
be given for legal reasons and are there as much for your protection as
theirs.

Demon (before Thus) where no better.... it took them 6 months to even
tell me they couldnt take any money from me as my cc details had
changed. I didnt even get an email from them and finally got snail mail
warning me of being disconnected for non payment! But hey **** happens
they where OK to let me pay back the missed payments over another 6
months as I pointed out I was not paying for their mistakes.

No ISP is perfect... after all they are all human as well!