BT Broadband Voice

Old April 5th 04, 05:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

Default BT Broadband Voice

I have ordered this for experimental purposes.

Questions to anyone already using it:-

Firstly can I move the adapter from one broadband connection to
another without any lengthy reconfiguration?

Second question - if I take the adapter and plug it into our networks
in France and Spain will it "logon" as usual?

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
Old April 5th 04, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Hiram Hackenbacker wrote:
I have ordered this for experimental purposes.

Questions to anyone already using it:-

Firstly can I move the adapter from one broadband connection to
another without any lengthy reconfiguration?

Second question - if I take the adapter and plug it into our networks
in France and Spain will it "logon" as usual?

AIUI, if there is DCHP enabled on the network, so it can obtain an
email address, no reconfiguration at all should be needed.
Old April 5th 04, 10:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 21:20:24 +0000 (UTC),
(Paul Cummins) wrote:

so it can obtain an
email address,

What has Email to do with DHCP?

I took it as a typo - and that he means IP address.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
Old April 7th 04, 07:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Blunt

On 6 Apr 2004 07:23:28 GMT, Gareth Babb
wrote:

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 11:43:30 +0800, Chris Blunt wrote:

If you're using a NAT router, you may also need to open the required
ports on the router to get it working.

No, it works fine over NAT - I've NATed it twice infact etc.

Mine didn't. Perhaps it depends on the router model, but with my Vigor
2600We it wouldn't work until, at BT's suggestion, I tried opening a
range of ports. That fixed it for me.

I suspect this is why they haven't introduced SIP yet and have kept the free
ata186 offer going - they have something which works, about one of the few
things BBV does 100%, and don't want to mess with it.