slow broadband when phone connected

Old April 5th 04, 09:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
A.Black

Default slow broadband when phone connected

Having just connected to broadband recently I was disappointed with
the speed that I could access the Internet. Sometimes it was not much
quicker than a 56k modem. Not really sure what the problem was until I
unconnected my phone from the mircofilter and for some reason the
access speeds to the Internet were greatly improved.
Problem being now that I have to disconnect my phone if I want
reasonable speeds. Could the reason for this be a faulty micro filter
or some problem with the phone line itself?

Cheers
Andy
Old April 5th 04, 09:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JD

"A.Black" wrote in message
om...
Having just connected to broadband recently I was disappointed with
the speed that I could access the Internet. Sometimes it was not much
quicker than a 56k modem. Not really sure what the problem was until I
unconnected my phone from the mircofilter and for some reason the
access speeds to the Internet were greatly improved.
Problem being now that I have to disconnect my phone if I want
reasonable speeds. Could the reason for this be a faulty micro filter
or some problem with the phone line itself?

you've answered your own question - try both, one after the other

Old April 6th 04, 09:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Shane

"JD" wrote in message

"A.Black" wrote in message
om...
Having just connected to broadband recently I was disappointed with
the speed that I could access the Internet. Sometimes it was not much
quicker than a 56k modem. Not really sure what the problem was until I
unconnected my phone from the mircofilter and for some reason the
access speeds to the Internet were greatly improved.
Problem being now that I have to disconnect my phone if I want
reasonable speeds. Could the reason for this be a faulty micro filter
or some problem with the phone line itself?

you've answered your own question - try both, one after the other

Or do you have any other telephones connected to the line, ie in another
room? This also could affect the speed.

HTH