BT Broadband webcaches?

Old April 6th 04, 06:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon

Default BT Broadband webcaches?

Hello -

Does anyone know what the current webcaching arrangements are with BT
Broadband (not BT Yahoo! Broadband). In particular:
- Is a transparent proxy used?
- Does BT provide a non-transparent proxy that I can specify in my browser
(anyone know the address?)

Thanks,

Simon

Old April 6th 04, 12:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Parry

In ,
Simon fumbled, fiddled and fingered:

http://www.btofaq.net/articles/webbrowsing.html

--
Steve Parry

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

K100RS SE
F650
(not forgetting the SK90PY)

Old April 6th 04, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon

"Steve Parry" wrote in message
In ,
Simon fumbled, fiddled and fingered:
Hello -

Does anyone know what the current webcaching arrangements are with BT
Broadband (not BT Yahoo! Broadband). In particular:
- Is a transparent proxy used?
- Does BT provide a non-transparent proxy that I can specify in my
browser (anyone know the address?)

Thanks,

http://www.btofaq.net/articles/webbrowsing.html

--
Steve Parry

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

K100RS SE
F650
(not forgetting the SK90PY)

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Old April 7th 04, 10:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy M Jenkins

Steve Parry wrote:
http://www.btofaq.net/articles/webbrowsing.html

Steve .. note that the information on btofaq.net has not been updated
for a _long_ time. Indeed, that page is about 2 years old now.

That said, I'm still pretty sure its still valid.

--
Regards
Andy M Jenkins