Cancelling broadband

Old April 6th 04, 01:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

Default Cancelling broadband

I recently moved into my house but found when I tried to get broadband
installed I was told there was already a service active. Is there
anyway to find out what this service is or cancel it, as I have been
told I can't get broadband on until I do.
Old April 6th 04, 04:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ric

I recently moved into my house but found when I tried to get broadband
installed I was told there was already a service active. Is there
anyway to find out what this service is or cancel it, as I have been
told I can't get broadband on until I do.

Could you give us more information? What type of broadband was it - ADSL or
Cable? Which ISP? When I ordered cable broadband from NTL when I moved
into my house I had to wait because the previous tennants hadn't cancelled
their subscription - luckily I knew who they were so I got them to sort it
out.

Old April 7th 04, 02:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

"Ric" wrote in message ...

Could you give us more information? What type of broadband was it - ADSL or
Cable? Which ISP? When I ordered cable broadband from NTL when I moved
into my house I had to wait because the previous tennants hadn't cancelled
their subscription - luckily I knew who they were so I got them to sort it
out.

I tried to order ADSL through bt so I take it the previous tenant had
ADSL but I don't know which ISP it was with, thats the problem, and BT
said they don't have that information (or can't tell me it).
Old April 9th 04, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter R Cook

In message , Paul
writes
"Ric" wrote in message

Could you give us more information? What type of broadband was it - ADSL or
Cable? Which ISP? When I ordered cable broadband from NTL when I moved
into my house I had to wait because the previous tennants hadn't cancelled
their subscription - luckily I knew who they were so I got them to sort it
out.

I tried to order ADSL through bt so I take it the previous tenant had
ADSL but I don't know which ISP it was with, thats the problem, and BT
said they don't have that information (or can't tell me it).

What happens if you simply attach an ADSL modem to the line?

Presumably if BT wholesale think they have a service on the line you
should get a connection to the ISP concerned. Traceroute to some
convenient website should give clues as to which ISP is providing the
service?

Call them and discuss the position - could save the activation fee - its
already active!!
--
Peter R Cook