New firmware for SAR 110

Old April 6th 04, 01:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Duncan Hill

Default New firmware for SAR 110

Searching didn't show anything useful - for all the SAR 110 users out there,
Solwise have posted a new firmware version that enables UPnP support with a
single CLI command (there's no web interface). You do need to re-enter
your config stuff though, as uploading a backup config doesn't seem to
work. That said, it has full scripting capability, so write some shell
scripts

--
Posting addr feeds straight to DCC and others. dhill + utb = cricalix , net
for direct mail.
Old April 6th 04, 04:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
K-Tel Ronco

"Duncan Hill" wrote in message
.. .
"Solwise have posted a new firmware version that enables UPnP support"
Oh joys - thats just great for security :-)

Old April 6th 04, 04:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Duncan Hill

K-Tel Ronco uttered in :

"Duncan Hill" wrote in message
.. .
"Solwise have posted a new firmware version that enables UPnP support"
Oh joys - thats just great for security :-)

I'm not enthused about the security aspects either, but it means I can now
-easily- talk to a friend 3000 miles away. It's about the only reason I
keep WinXP on a partition of my laptop (other than using IE to check HTML
work). UPnP needs a token based or similar authentication method so that a
router/firewall can limit what a UPnP client can do - but hey, it works
right now, and I need it

--
Posting addr feeds straight to DCC and others. dhill + nana = cricalix ,
net for direct mail.
Old April 6th 04, 06:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"Duncan Hill" wrote in message

You do need to re-enter
your config stuff though, as uploading a backup config doesn't seem to
work.

It's certainly doesn't it wa me that tried ;-)