Bandwidth monitor?

Old April 6th 04, 03:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Robespierre

Default Bandwidth monitor?

Hi
Can someone recommend a (preferably) free monitor for my bandwidth
usage? Just switched over to ADSL from a 56k connection, and I miss
seeing the speed monitor (i.e speed connected, etc).
Cheers
Old April 6th 04, 04:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Chung

Robespierre wrote in
:

Hi
Can someone recommend a (preferably) free monitor for my bandwidth
usage? Just switched over to ADSL from a 56k connection, and I miss
seeing the speed monitor (i.e speed connected, etc).
Cheers

If you want the little flashing lights then that's easy enough to enable -
right click on your connection in Windows and select Properties and you
there's an option at the bottom to show the system tray icon.

However, I use a program called DUMeter (http://www.dumeter.com/) - it's
not free, but I think it's very good :-)

--
My photos: http://www.weezer.plus.com/
To send me an e-mail, remove TEETH
Old April 8th 04, 12:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mario

If you want the little flashing lights then that's easy enough to enable -
right click on your connection in Windows and select Properties and you
there's an option at the bottom to show the system tray icon.

However, I use a program called DUMeter (http://www.dumeter.com/) - it's
not free, but I think it's very good :-)

You may consider Onlineeye Pro (http://www.pmasoft.net), it has
more features as Dumeter witch was my former favorite.
Old April 8th 04, 03:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Chung

(Mario) wrote in
om:

You may consider Onlineeye Pro (
http://www.pmasoft.net), it has
more features as Dumeter witch was my former favorite.

Thanks for that link. The router monitoring is interesting. I wonder if
the SNMP on the DSL-504 router will return traffic volumes. Would be very
handy as more and more of my traffic is through my laptop rather than my
desktop where DU Meter is installed.

Old April 8th 04, 04:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Robespierre

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 15:59:22 +0100, Phil Chung
wrote:

Robespierre wrote in
:

Hi
Can someone recommend a (preferably) free monitor for my bandwidth
usage? Just switched over to ADSL from a 56k connection, and I miss
seeing the speed monitor (i.e speed connected, etc).
Cheers

If you want the little flashing lights then that's easy enough to enable -
right click on your connection in Windows and select Properties and you
there's an option at the bottom to show the system tray icon.

However, I use a program called DUMeter (http://www.dumeter.com/) - it's
not free, but I think it's very good :-)

Thanks for the link. I just found bandwidth monitor as well, which
appears to do the same thing.

Thanks

Kevin