Monitor traffic

Old April 6th 04, 04:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Hewitt-Dutton

Default Monitor traffic

Are there any programs out there that can monitor what other computers on a
LAN (wireless) are downloading/viewing through the router?

Thanks.
Pete.

"..and I swore never to read again after 'To Kill A Mocking Bird' gave me no
useful advice on killing Mocking Birds"
(Homer Simpson, 2004)

Old April 6th 04, 08:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

"Peter Hewitt-Dutton" wrote in message
Are there any programs out there that can monitor what other computers on

LAN (wireless) are downloading/viewing through the router?

Thanks.
Pete.

"..and I swore never to read again after 'To Kill A Mocking Bird' gave me

no
useful advice on killing Mocking Birds"
(Homer Simpson, 2004)

I understand that the following program link has just the thing you need.

http://www.networkchemistry.com/products/packetyzer/

If anyone has any more links to similar programs, I would like to hear from
you.

Let me know what you think of this one Pete.
Tony

Old April 7th 04, 12:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris johnson

yes i use one called show traffic

it shows what is instantainsly being downloaded, allowing the ability to
analyse what eaxatly is paaing through a network card and how much they are
downloading

http://sourceforge.net/projects/showtraf