PlusNet Query

Old April 6th 04, 04:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
KW

Default PlusNet Query

What make of modem are Plusnet shipping out with their 24 service?

--
Regards

Krys

http://www.angelhosts.com - http://www.tssn.org
http://www.krystianwhellans.com

Old April 6th 04, 04:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Albrow, Sam J

"KW" wrote in message
What make of modem are Plusnet shipping out with their 24 service?

Binatone I belive,

works with Win98se and above.

Sam

--
Regards

Krys

http://www.angelhosts.com - http://www.tssn.org
http://www.krystianwhellans.com

---
If you have any queries regarding this email please contact Horshamnet on
08708811293.

Old April 6th 04, 06:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

What make of modem are Plusnet shipping out with their 24 service?
Binatone I belive,

Anyone know if it suffers from similar problems to the Speedtouch ?

I know someone with a laptop who is looking to sign up with them, and
i`d imagine laptops are even more likely to suffer from USB power drain
problems - this would only be an interim solution until they took the
plunge and went wireless...

Old April 7th 04, 08:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Cheney

"Colin Wilson" wrote
I know someone with a laptop who is looking to sign up with them, and
i`d imagine laptops are even more likely to suffer from USB power drain
problems

I had a Binatone from Plusnet and it worked quite happily with my Samsung
laptop until I went for a wireless router instead.

Jim

Old April 7th 04, 09:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
KW

"Albrow, Sam J" wrote in message

"KW" wrote in message
What make of modem are Plusnet shipping out with their 24 service?

Binatone I belive,

works with Win98se and above.

Sam

--
Regards

Krys

http://www.angelhosts.com - http://www.tssn.org
http://www.krystianwhellans.com

Thanx for the heads up guys, i got a wireless router from Amazon last night
... thought i may as well do that because long term it would be cheaper than
annual subscriptions for annual Firewall updates.

Old April 7th 04, 11:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

I know someone with a laptop who is looking to sign up with them, and
i`d imagine laptops are even more likely to suffer from USB power drain
problems

I had a Binatone from Plusnet and it worked quite happily with my Samsung
laptop until I went for a wireless router instead.

Thanks - always good to know :-)

Old April 8th 04, 01:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Albrow, Sam J

"KW" wrote in message
What make of modem are Plusnet shipping out with their 24 service?

Binatone I belive,

works with Win98se and above.

Sam

Thanx for the heads up guys, i got a wireless router from Amazon last

night
.. thought i may as well do that because long term it would be cheaper

than
annual subscriptions for annual Firewall updates.

Good move, personally I wouldn't touch a USB Adsl modem (or a 56k one), have
enough usb devices as it is.

A seperate router or at worst a pci card has got to be the way to do really,
usb can be very hungry on resources, not too good when you have other
important usb devices like a mouse for instance.

Sam