Bulldog 15.99 2G capped offer

Old April 7th 04, 09:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sandman

Default Bulldog 15.99 2G capped offer

Hi there,

I'm a bit of a novice to Broadband but looking to upgrade from my very
outdated dial up service.

I'm quite interested in the Bulldog Primetime 500 service as I think
it would satisfy my needs well and the price is not much more than my
dial up connection.

2 questions if I may:

Firsly, what is the general opinion on Bulldog? I've looked at the
online guides but all of the ISP's seem to have somebody whinging
about something.

My second related question is should I commit myself to a 12 month
contract or pay the (steep in my opinion) 60 in order to only commit
to a monthly contract.

Any thoughts/experiences appreciated.

Cheers
Old April 7th 04, 10:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Sandman" wrote in message
om...
Firsly, what is the general opinion on Bulldog? I've looked at the
online guides but all of the ISP's seem to have somebody whinging
about something.

There are currently not many customers of the Bulldog Primetime 500 product
as it was only launched last month.

However, I have the Primetime 2000 service and am quite happy with it. Its
service seems to work as specified and is very good value (in my view)

My second related question is should I commit myself to a 12 month
contract or pay the (steep in my opinion) 60 in order to only commit
to a monthly contract.

Unless you know that your personal circumstances mean that you need to move
house etc, within the next 12 months - I don't personally think its worth
paying 60 extra for this option..

The only thing that I would say, is that if you do think your usage will be
well under 2GB consistently, have a look at
http://www.metronet.co.uk/adsl/paygo - it may suit your needs better.

Finally, if you do decide to use Bulldog would you mind quoting my referral
code when signing up - just quote "bdol 87431" when signing up online (under
"How did you hear about Bulldog?/Referred by a Friend") or by telephone

Regards
Sunil

Old April 7th 04, 03:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sandman

Thanks Sunil for the info.

Just found out that I can't get PrimeTime on my exchange yet - b*gger!

I'll take a look at Metronet but what I might end up doing is
switching my Virgin dial up to Broadband with free(ish)
activation/Modem and 1 month contract then see about switching ISP's
in a couple of months.

You never know Bulldog might enable my exchange in the not too distant
future.

I'll keep your reference in case I do (and my fingers crossed!)

Cheers!
Old April 7th 04, 08:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Sandman" wrote in message
om...
Just found out that I can't get PrimeTime on my exchange yet - b*gger!

Yes, Bulldog's services are only available at around 600 exchnages atm.

If you are interested in a Bulldog service, you can register your interest
at https://secure.bulldogdsl.com/shop/pre-register.asp

I believe they use this information to decide what exchanges to provide
their full range of services to next.. they recently added another 100
exchanges (from 500 to 600 odd) so you never know..

I'll take a look at Metronet but what I might end up doing is
switching my Virgin dial up to Broadband with free(ish)
activation/Modem and 1 month contract then see about switching ISP's
in a couple of months.

Metronet are recommended for light users but you are right, it may be a good
idea to join Virgin etc and see what impact ADSL has on your usage.

Regards
Sunil

Old April 8th 04, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
StarBuck

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 20:12:28 +0100, "Sunil Sood"
wrote:

"Sandman" wrote in message
. com...
Just found out that I can't get PrimeTime on my exchange yet - b*gger!

Yes, Bulldog's services are only available at around 600 exchnages atm.

Regards
Sunil

Sunil have you signed up for the communication package as I'm
interested in learning if they support the warez binary groups.

if so I'm thinking of going for the alltime1000 as my exchange is
supported.

StarBuck
Old April 8th 04, 07:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"StarBuck" wrote in message
Sunil have you signed up for the communication package as I'm
interested in learning if they support the warez binary groups.

Do you mean the "My Bulldog" (http://www.my-bulldog.com/) add on?

If so, no I haven't signed up for it as I consider it expensive for what it
is..

Also, it doesn't currently provide any news servers either... - the word
"News Feed" on http://www.bulldogdsl.com/residential/mybulldog.asp means
something else and I thought Bulldog were going to change that to make it
cheaper that they don't mean Usenet servers....

For newsgroups, I would personally sign up to the 29.99/year (not the 9.99
one as you want binary groups) ClaraNews package at
http://www.uk.clara.net/btbroadband/ or one of the other packages at
http://www.uk.clara.net/homeaccess/claranews.php if you will be downloading
more than 10GB/month from Usenet..

if so I'm thinking of going for the alltime1000 as my exchange is
supported.

If you do join Bulldog would you mind quoting my referral code when signing
up - just quote "bdol 87431" when signing up online (under "How did you hear
about Bulldog?/Referred by a Friend") or by telephone

If you have any other questions, just ask away..

Regards
Sunil

Old April 9th 04, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"StarBuck" wrote in message
trying to find an adsl isp with 2 to 4 days binary usenet service

(quicker to download headers than 15 days), and 2 to 5 pop3 mail boxes
with static ip.
some info found from the uk web sites reviewing isp's but it's not
much use

Claranet do the binary usenet service and its possible for them to give you
a static IP address - not sure about the number of mail boxes though.

Try asking http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist...oard=which_isp for
suggestions

Regards
Sunil

Old April 9th 04, 07:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
StarBuck

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 19:02:42 +0100, "Sunil Sood"
wrote:

"StarBuck" wrote in message
.. .
Sunil have you signed up for the communication package as I'm
interested in learning if they support the warez binary groups.

Do you mean the "My Bulldog" (http://www.my-bulldog.com/) add on?

yes

If so, no I haven't signed up for it as I consider it expensive for what it
is..

Also, it doesn't currently provide any news servers either... - the word
"News Feed" on http://www.bulldogdsl.com/residential/mybulldog.asp means
something else and I thought Bulldog were going to change that to make it
cheaper that they don't mean Usenet servers....

Thanks for this info Strike one isp from the list

For newsgroups, I would personally sign up to the 29.99/year (not the 9.99
one as you want binary groups) ClaraNews package at
http://www.uk.clara.net/btbroadband/ or one of the other packages at
http://www.uk.clara.net/homeaccess/claranews.php if you will be downloading
more than 10GB/month from Usenet..

I get fills with easynews and one unlimited news server (get about 4
gig per day)

if so I'm thinking of going for the alltime1000 as my exchange is
supported.

If you do join Bulldog would you mind quoting my referral code when signing
up - just quote "bdol 87431" when signing up online (under "How did you hear
about Bulldog?/Referred by a Friend") or by telephone

would have done but not going to sign-up now

If you have any other questions, just ask away..

Regards
Sunil

trying to find an adsl isp with 2 to 4 days binary usenet service
(quicker to download headers than 15 days), and 2 to 5 pop3 mail boxes
with static ip.
some info found from the uk web sites reviewing isp's but it's not
much use

Thanks anyways
StarBuck