Pipex overpayment?

Old April 7th 04, 07:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Ough

Default Pipex overpayment?

Hi guys,
My Pipex ADSL was cancelled on the 28th March. They took 1 months
payment of 23.44 on 10th March.

Will they refund me the 2 weeks I have not had access to, or will they screw
me for it?

Simon

Old April 7th 04, 09:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

"Simon Ough" wrote in message
Hi guys,
My Pipex ADSL was cancelled on the 28th March. They took 1 months
payment of 23.44 on 10th March.

Will they refund me the 2 weeks I have not had access to, or will they

screw
me for it?

Simon

I doubt they will, as I would think your contract was on a monthly basis,
not weekly basis.

Old April 8th 04, 02:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 19:17:11 +0100, "Simon Ough"
wrote:

Hi guys,
My Pipex ADSL was cancelled on the 28th March. They took 1 months
payment of 23.44 on 10th March.

Will they refund me the 2 weeks I have not had access to, or will they screw
me for it?

Simon

I would shout. Billing is one of the weak spots in Pipex.

I was more than 400 in credit on my Dial account. I told them to
credit my DSL account with the loot but to keep the Dial email
accounts. They cut the accounts anyway, despite a long trail of emails
telling them what to do.

Of course, they did it on Friday night, which meant three (they
screwed up the recovery) long (mostly on in 40-minute queues
masquerading as 15-minute queues) calls to support on Saturday
morning.

Technically, Pipex is fine. Accounting is awful, it seems, support is
not as smart as it might be.

Do not rely on them to do anything of their own accord.

MK

Michael Kenward Words for sale
Old April 8th 04, 07:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Denis Cary

Payments made by Direct Debit are misunderstood:
The rules relating to Direct Debit a
If you are debited for which the Debitor is not entitles you need only to
contact your bank and tell them that the payment is debiter is not entitles
and request that they credit your account today. They will firstly say they
cannot but you can DEMAND they do under the terms of direct debit. The bank
will then credit your account and DEMAND repayment to them from the debitor.
All the above is a no choice alternative for the banks and the debitor
You are of course liable for the relationship between you and the debitor if
you make an unjustified demand for refund

Old April 8th 04, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Ough

"Denis Cary" wrote in message
Payments made by Direct Debit are misunderstood:
The rules relating to Direct Debit a
If you are debited for which the Debitor is not entitles you need only to
contact your bank and tell them that the payment is debiter is not

entitles
and request that they credit your account today. They will firstly say

they
cannot but you can DEMAND they do under the terms of direct debit. The

bank
will then credit your account and DEMAND repayment to them from the

debitor.
All the above is a no choice alternative for the banks and the debitor
You are of course liable for the relationship between you and the debitor

if
you make an unjustified demand for refund

I paid Pipex by MasterCard, not DD.

Simon