VOIP pricing and inbound calls question

Old April 8th 04, 10:12 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
dave

Default VOIP pricing and inbound calls question

Hi all,

Does anybody know of a VOIP provider that has cheaper call charges
than MyWebCalls (www.mywebcalls.com) for calls to UK ($0.022 + VAT),
UK Mobile ($0.19 + VAT), and Greece Mobile ($0.214 + VAT)?

Also i've just bought myself a hardware SIP phone and I'm wondering,
if I have the phone configured to place calls via a provider (e.g
MyWebCalls) can the same phone receive inbound calls from an 0870
number provided by somebody else?

I have an 0870 number from Telappliant as part of the phone package
but I intend to use MyWebCalls (www.mywebcalls.com) to place calls as
they are much cheaper than anybody else I have found so far (and have
very good voice quality).

Cheers,
-dave
Old April 8th 04, 10:20 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Alien Zord

"dave" wrote in message
om...
Does anybody know of a VOIP provider that has cheaper call charges
than MyWebCalls (www.mywebcalls.com) for calls to UK ($0.022 + VAT),
UK Mobile ($0.19 + VAT), and Greece Mobile ($0.214 + VAT)?

www.call18866.co.uk UK 1ppm landlines, 10ppm mobiles, Greece 1ppm landlines,
15ppm mobiles. Using POTS.

Old April 8th 04, 10:29 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
dd

Alien Zord wrote:
"dave" wrote in message
om...
Does anybody know of a VOIP provider that has cheaper
call charges than MyWebCalls (www.mywebcalls.com) for
calls to UK ($0.022 + VAT), UK Mobile ($0.19 + VAT), and
Greece Mobile ($0.214 + VAT)?

www.call18866.co.uk UK 1ppm landlines, 10ppm mobiles,
Greece 1ppm landlines, 15ppm mobiles. Using POTS.

call18866 isn't a VoIP service though.

Old April 8th 04, 10:54 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Alien Zord

"dd" wrote in message
Alien Zord wrote:
"dave" wrote in message
om...
Does anybody know of a VOIP provider that has cheaper
call charges than MyWebCalls (www.mywebcalls.com) for
calls to UK ($0.022 + VAT), UK Mobile ($0.19 + VAT), and
Greece Mobile ($0.214 + VAT)?

www.call18866.co.uk UK 1ppm landlines, 10ppm mobiles,
Greece 1ppm landlines, 15ppm mobiles. Using POTS.

call18866 isn't a VoIP service though.

Why do you thing I said "using POTS"?

Old April 10th 04, 11:59 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
dave

www.call18866.co.uk UK 1ppm landlines, 10ppm mobiles, Greece 1ppm landlines,
15ppm mobiles. Using POTS.

.... which is why I specifically mentioned VOIP as I don't live in the UK...
Old April 11th 04, 08:54 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Derrick Fawsitt

In message , dave
writes
Hi all,

Does anybody know of a VOIP provider that has cheaper call charges
than MyWebCalls (www.mywebcalls.com) for calls to UK ($0.022 + VAT),
UK Mobile ($0.19 + VAT), and Greece Mobile ($0.214 + VAT)?

Also i've just bought myself a hardware SIP phone and I'm wondering,
if I have the phone configured to place calls via a provider (e.g
MyWebCalls) can the same phone receive inbound calls from an 0870
number provided by somebody else?

I have an 0870 number from Telappliant as part of the phone package
but I intend to use MyWebCalls (www.mywebcalls.com) to place calls as
they are much cheaper than anybody else I have found so far (and have
very good voice quality).

Cheers,
-dave

I have looked at MyWebCalls and they ask for money up front. I simply
refuse to pay upfront to anyone as, apart from the fact that I have
failed to use a service enough and simply forgotten how much I had
"given" the provider of the service to date, but also found a better or
cheaper service and had simply wasted my money.

I realise that its a way of making PC to Landline/Mobile calls, a good
idea but for now I would prefer to "persuade" my contact to use SKYPE
and have calls for nothing, I feel this is the way its going to go. I
also feel eventually you will pay a one off yearly charge which will
cover all call to absolutely anywhere. Eventually perhaps even free
calls, I used to use a system a year or two ago that offered that for a
while so why not now?

--
Derrick Fawsitt
Old April 11th 04, 05:01 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

In uk.telecom.broadband dave wrote:
www.call18866.co.uk UK 1ppm landlines, 10ppm mobiles, Greece 1ppm landlines,
15ppm mobiles. Using POTS.

... which is why I specifically mentioned VOIP as I don't live in the UK...

If you've got a friend in the UK, that could order a BT broadband voice line,
that might work for you.
Though they do at the moment require you to plug in their box to your
connection.
Old May 19th 04, 03:07 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Unknown

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 02:12:06 -0700, dave wrote:

SNIP
Also i've just bought myself a hardware SIP phone and I'm wondering,
if I have the phone configured to place calls via a provider (e.g
MyWebCalls) can the same phone receive inbound calls from an 0870
number provided by somebody else?

/SNIP

www.voipuser.co.uk provides 0844 and 0870 numbers and will redirect to any
sip address. The service is free to register with, collecting revenue from
incoming traffic.