BT error requesting Broadband

Old April 8th 04, 11:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sandman

Default BT error requesting Broadband

A quick history:

Last week I ordered Broadband from Tiscali and then cancelled the
following day due to the numerous bad reports I received from various
sources.

As an interim solution I decided to upgrade my Virgin dial-up account
to Broadband with a view to changing to a more suitable tariff once
I've got used to it.

However, after registering to upgrade to BB, a couple of days later I
got rejected by Virgin because BT told them "there are incompatible
rented products on the line".

I know people on the same street hve got BB so could this error be
anything to do with my abortive Tiscali order? I was wondering if it
could be because BT think they've been requested from two different
sources.

Has anyone else had this error?

Thanks for your help.
Old April 12th 04, 10:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

ask bt to ensure that BT Wholesale clears your line. whilst your at it find
out if your a red amber or green ADSL, as people like Tiscali wont enable
amber lines but freeserve will.
"Albrow, Sam J" wrote in message
"Sandman" wrote in message
om...
A quick history:

Last week I ordered Broadband from Tiscali and then cancelled the
following day due to the numerous bad reports I received from various
sources.

As an interim solution I decided to upgrade my Virgin dial-up account
to Broadband with a view to changing to a more suitable tariff once
I've got used to it.

However, after registering to upgrade to BB, a couple of days later I
got rejected by Virgin because BT told them "there are incompatible
rented products on the line".

I would suggest that you call BT customer services and ask them, anything

is
possible but they should be able to tell you what they think you have on
your line.

I know people on the same street hve got BB so could this error be
anything to do with my abortive Tiscali order? I was wondering if it
could be because BT think they've been requested from two different
sources.

Well, as long as you don't have DACS, PBX Lines (not sure what these are,
considering mine are in a pbx, maybe they mean hunt groups or something),
RedCare or whatever then you should be able to get it - or at least you
should have got a different error message if the line wasn't sutiable
because of the normal factors.

Sam

Has anyone else had this error?

Thanks for your help.

---
If you have any queries regarding this email please contact Horshamnet on
08708811293.

Old April 14th 04, 09:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sandman

Thanks guys!

It seems it is because Tiscali have set up broadband on my line even
though I cancelled the order.

You know I get the distinct impression with Tiscali that their right
hand doesn't know what their left hand is doing.

I ordered one evening and then cancelled the following morning after
reading lots of bad feedback. A week later I have cancelled another
three times; twice by phone and once in writing. Yesterday I got an
email saying it was live and the modem was on its way. So I rang again
to stop them sending it out but alas it's now on its way to my home.

I have just had a phone call, however, confirming cancellation. Just a
shame the 'new orders' department weren't aware.
Old April 14th 04, 06:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

You know I get the distinct impression with Tiscali that their right
hand doesn't know what their left hand is doing.

Also it seems that neither do you, You order from one supplier then
after placing the order you do the reserch and decide to cancel, So
instead of doing more research to find the best ISP for you, You
decide to order ADSL from your existing ISP "Until you get used to it"
what ever that means then change ISP again.....
Why not do the research, find an ISP then place an order. That way you
wont need to post again saying that A. Virgin BB is C*** B. you have
stitched yourself into a contract and C. how can you get out of the
contact....

Ian
Old April 15th 04, 09:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sandman

(Ian) wrote in message . com...
You know I get the distinct impression with Tiscali that their right
hand doesn't know what their left hand is doing.

Also it seems that neither do you, You order from one supplier then
after placing the order you do the reserch and decide to cancel, So
instead of doing more research to find the best ISP for you, You
decide to order ADSL from your existing ISP "Until you get used to it"
what ever that means then change ISP again.....
Why not do the research, find an ISP then place an order. That way you
wont need to post again saying that A. Virgin BB is C*** B. you have
stitched yourself into a contract and C. how can you get out of the
contact....

Ian

Blimey, Ian, you must have had a really bad day at the office to take
the time and effort to write a reply simply to try and put me in my
place. Are you an angry person by nature or has my obviously
breath-taking incompetence in making a simple mistake just too much
for you to handle?

Obviously you've never made a mistake in your life and I must
apologise to you for prompting you to lower yourself to reply to such
an ignoramus as myself.

1. I did do research but obviously not extensive enough. Again, a
mistake, hell we all make them.
2. I am simply exercising my right to cancel the order within 14 days
which is clearly written into the T's and C's. I knew that when I
placed the order and if I choose to exercise it that's my perogative.
It's probably quite likely that that's stated for a reason.
3. I don't think it's unreasonable that when I cancel an order on day
1 the cancellation department can stop an order being processed on day
7 at obvious expense to the company. If they want to do that then
fine. My point was that it obviously is a bit of a waste of time for
the Tiscali. I understand business process - it's my job.
4. I already have a Virgin dial up account so it is a lot easier to
move to Virgin BB. They have a 1 month contract but if they are
wonderful then no doubt I'll stay with them (assuming they are
competetive.) If they are rubbish I'll change.
5. "Until you get used to it" - Yes exactly. What's so difficult to
understand in that concept? I will be using BB for my work but I don't
know how much I'll download. I don't know how long I'm going to be
online. Are you telling me that the way you use Broadband was exactly
as you imagined? Obviously so - sorry I forgot - mistakes to you are
an alian concept.

Do you work for Tiscali?

Get off your high horse.