Migrating BB ISPs

Old April 8th 04, 04:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Edgar

Default Migrating BB ISPs

If I migrate from my present BB provider, which is BTYahoo, can I
still access my BT Openworld email accounts, which I do currently on
PAYG via my BB connection? Will BTYahoo ban me from doing that if I go
to, say Bulldog or similar? I have had these email accounts for some
time now and do not want to loose them.
John
In limine sapientiae
Old April 8th 04, 05:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Baz

"John Edgar" wrote in message
If I migrate from my present BB provider, which is BTYahoo, can I
still access my BT Openworld email accounts, which I do currently on
PAYG via my BB connection? Will BTYahoo ban me from doing that if I go
to, say Bulldog or similar? I have had these email accounts for some
time now and do not want to loose them.

Works fine for me!
And I'm over the moon.

I ditched BT Yahoo! (512Kbps) and went with Primetime 2000 with Bulldog.

2Mbps with Bulldog is costing me same as 512Kbps cost at BT!
Initially, I was a little worried by the lack of email/usenet/etc with
Bulldog (available as an option), but, this is unfounded (for me).

For usenet, I use news.individual.net (free).
For email, as I've already mentioned, I can still access my @btopenworld.com
account to download email, and I always have my hotmail account to fall back
on (smaller limits on sending/receiving).
Tip: You have to configure the POP3 as being mail.btopenworld.com and the
SMTP as being smtp.bulldogdsl.com

Had a slight problem with BT *accidentally* continuing to take my monthly
payment. But, that should be sorted by now.

Do it!!
Change now!!

And tell them that Bazza sent you (ref: BDOL213054)

My only regret is that I didn't migrate sooner.

Barry

Old April 9th 04, 09:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Edgar

Sounds fine, but are you sure that after a while BT won't throw you
off. I know that basic Hotmail and Yahoo are free, but AFAIK, BT does
not provide a free web mail service. In effect this is what they are
doing. I think it is great and when I make the switch away from
BTYahoo BB will do the same as you, but it still seems odd. BTW, I use
the same news server as you do, using Free Agent.

Unfortunately I can't change until mid Sept - 12 month BT contract.

Old April 9th 04, 11:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"John Edgar" wrote in message
If I migrate from my present BB provider, which is BTYahoo, can I
still access my BT Openworld email accounts, which I do currently on
PAYG via my BB connection? Will BTYahoo ban me from doing that if I go
to, say Bulldog or similar? I have had these email accounts for some
time now and do not want to loose them.

If your BTO accounts are currently PAYG - they will continue to be..

If your email accounts are "linked" to your ADSL account and you are
changing your ISP - ask BT to downgrade your account to PAYG and not close
it..

As long as you dial in once every 3 months on a PAYG account, you wont lose
your account..

Regards
Sunil