Line enabled but can't connect

Old April 8th 04, 08:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ballistic

Default Line enabled but can't connect

My line was enabled today but the Draytek 2600G is just reporting
"Initialization" and not connecting.

There is only 1 socket on the brand new line and I've swapped to a BT
approved filter. I've also tried altering the TX power as per Draytek's
site.

Does anybody have any advice before I call Zen in the morning. I'm
thinking they may not answer the phones until Tuesday :-(

--
Ash ([:])

UKRMFBC#8 BOTAFOT#82 BOTAFOF#41 HMC#5 FTB#0
ETV1000 Caponord RD200
http://www.theredline.co.uk
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast
enough." -- Mario Andretti

Old April 8th 04, 10:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tom Buchanan

"Ballistic" wrote in message
. 1.4...
My line was enabled today but the Draytek 2600G is just reporting
"Initialization" and not connecting.

There is only 1 socket on the brand new line and I've swapped to a BT
approved filter. I've also tried altering the TX power as per Draytek's
site.

Does anybody have any advice before I call Zen in the morning. I'm
thinking they may not answer the phones until Tuesday :-(

--
Ash ([:])

UKRMFBC#8 BOTAFOT#82 BOTAFOF#41 HMC#5 FTB#0
ETV1000 Caponord RD200
http://www.theredline.co.uk
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast
enough." -- Mario Andretti

Check how you have set up connection. Should be from BT NTE connect filter

from data side of filter, connect modem.

from phone side of filter connect phones, fax or Sky box.

You may have a more elaborate set up but try it this way and see if it
works. It is amazingly easy to connect up incorrectly, I did on the first
day, too.

Tom Buchanan

Old April 9th 04, 09:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ballistic

"Tom Buchanan" had a sudden rush
of blood to the head and wrote in
:

You may have a more elaborate set up but try it this way and see
if it works. It is amazingly easy to connect up incorrectly, I did
on the first day, too.

No joy. That's all OK. It seems that 'initialization' on the Draytek
means that it can detect that the line is ADSL enabled but it's just
not making the connection. I'll try calling them tomorrow since that's
not a Bank Holiday.