Microsoft XP WLAN update KB826942

Old April 9th 04, 03:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Briscoe (2)

Default Microsoft XP WLAN update KB826942

I use a USR2210 PCMCIA WLAN card to connect my XP laptop to my ADSL
connection. I saw today that there was a XP update KB826942 for WLAN so
I installed this but since then I have not been able to hold my WLAN for
more than a few minutes. It reconnects again but it has made use of the
WLAN card impossible and I have gone back to the RJ45 connection.

Does anyone know of any problems with this update?

Martin
Old April 9th 04, 03:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy M Jenkins

Martin Briscoe (2) wrote:
I use a USR2210 PCMCIA WLAN card to connect my XP laptop to my ADSL
connection. I saw today that there was a XP update KB826942 for WLAN so
I installed this but since then I have not been able to hold my WLAN for
more than a few minutes. It reconnects again but it has made use of the
WLAN card impossible and I have gone back to the RJ45 connection.

Does anyone know of any problems with this update?

Yes .. that update is a known problem. I had the same issue, so
uninstalled the "fix" and had stability since.

--
Regards
Andy M Jenkins
Old April 9th 04, 07:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PJB

"Andy M Jenkins" wrote in
message ...
Martin Briscoe (2) wrote:
I use a USR2210 PCMCIA WLAN card to connect my XP laptop

to my ADSL
connection. I saw today that there was a XP update

KB826942 for WLAN so
I installed this but since then I have not been able to

hold my WLAN for
more than a few minutes. It reconnects again but it has

made use of the
WLAN card impossible and I have gone back to the RJ45

connection.

Does anyone know of any problems with this update?

Yes .. that update is a known problem. I had the same

issue, so
uninstalled the "fix" and had stability since.

On the other side of the coin, I too have this hotfix, and
have no problems with my WiFi card ;-)

P.

Old April 10th 04, 02:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Briscoe (2)

The message
from Andy M Jenkins contains these words:

Yes .. that update is a known problem. I had the same issue, so
uninstalled the "fix" and had stability since.

Thanks, I uninstalled later in the afternoon and all been Ok since then.
Just wanted confirmation that it is a general problem.

Martin