Terrible past experiences... help lead me into the light.

Old April 9th 04, 05:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Llewellyn Angus

Default Terrible past experiences... help lead me into the light.

Hi all...

I have had a few nasty experiences with a few ISP's recently
Namely : PlusNet, FireFly, and Freedom2Surf.

I could go into real bitter and twisted tales about the first two, but
I am not here to flame, I just would like a bit of feedback on a few
ISP's I have been looking into. I really need to make the right choice
now, as the company I am starting will be re-selling this service to
all its clients.

Now the best candidates as far as I can tell a
PIPEX
Bulldog
BT - Resellers
NDO

I am leaning towards PIPEX at the moment, as they have customer
account managers, which will be a big PLUS, and they appear to know
what they are talking about, without having to refer me to someone
else.

I was originally only going to put up PIPEX and Bulldog, but having a
look on adslguide.org I thought I would see what the consensus on NDO
was. I am a little concerned about NDO's infrastructure... Also I
just had a look into BT Resellers, I was wondering if anyone has had
any experience with them, and if it is worth going through them?

So anyone able to comment on these support departments/re-selling
schemes etc. I would love to hear from you.

If there is something I have missed, please let me know.

Please bear in mind that cost if a fairly significant factor and at
present I have only 3 orders to place at present and the numbers are
likely to stay low until September/November.

Thanks in advance
Llewellyn Angus
Old April 10th 04, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Justin Johnson

Hi,

I actually was with PlusNet but recentley moved to Freedom2Surf, who I
have been running an unofficial support site for, for around 2 years
now, and the reasons I did this we

- PlusNet Email (Both Ingoing and Outgoing) has been unreliable for
several weeks

- When things go down and you call support, you are rushed off the
phone as quick as possible, On a couple of occasions I asked a
question and before I could answer what he said he had hung up.

F2S is a great ISP, only thing lacking is binary newsgroup support and
long hours support line avaliability, but the staff during the hours
they are open are top notch.

Kind Regards,

Justin Johnson
Freedom2Support Project Leader
http://www.freedom2support.net
Old April 12th 04, 01:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Llewellyn Angus

Sorry to have done this, but I was mistaken about the company, it was
SurfAnytime not F2S, I only used them for dial up access while I have
no ADSL I think it's the same company as FireFly...

It is actually quite fortunate that I made that mistake, as they
appear to be a really good ISP that I missed. I will have to wait
until I can speak to them, to find out if they have a reseller scheme.
Old April 12th 04, 01:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Llewellyn Angus

After a bit more digging, I have unearthed Zen internet, I was
wondering if anyone has anything to say about them?
Old April 13th 04, 10:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Duncan Hill

Llewellyn Angus uttered in
:

After a bit more digging, I have unearthed Zen internet, I was
wondering if anyone has anything to say about them?

Use them here at work. Other than our Draytek having the occasional glitch,
service has been rock solid and we definitely get the 2 Mbit we pay for.

--
Posting addr feeds straight to DCC and others. dhill + utb = cricalix , net
for direct mail.
Old April 13th 04, 09:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Gardner

In article m,
Grant Crozier wrote:

ouldn't agree more Justin but I thought F2S news provision was
abysmal when I first signed up with them must have been around the
same time has yourself and I am still of the same opinion and due to
this problem I am starting to get itchy feet once again.

Yes. I haven't used F2S. I very nearly did. They came highly recommended so
I rang up their tech support to ask a few questtions about their news
server.

I then ran away.

The rest of the F2S service is top notch and more than anyone could
ask for especially their support personnel especially "Adam".