Missing Posts

Old April 11th 04, 06:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
[email protected][email protected]

Default Missing Posts

Hi there,

Im currently with BT Broadband (not BT Openworld or BT Yahoo)

I've noticed that I dont seem to some news groups postings. Anyone else had
this problem?

Dave.

Old April 11th 04, 07:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy M Jenkins

[email protected][email protected] wrote:

Hi there,

Im currently with BT Broadband (not BT Openworld or BT Yahoo)

I've noticed that I dont seem to some news groups postings. Anyone else had
this problem?

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Unfortunatley, its a common problem with some groups on BTYahoo's NNTP
server(s).

Many a man has tried to get BT to accept the problem, and to take
action. Many a man has also failed.

I'm afraid you have three options.

#1 Live with the missing posts.
#2 Sign up to a free _Text_ group News provisoner (like
news.individual.net), but noting that his will only be a solution for
text based groups - as free servers like this will not permit binary groups.
or
#3 Sign up for a premium news server account from the likes of giganews,
newsfeeds, clara.net etc.

--
Regards
Andy M Jenkins
Old April 11th 04, 09:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
[email protected][email protected]

as i said, im noy on BT Yahoo, just BT's basic BB service. Im using
news.btopenworld.com as my news provider.

dave.

#3 Sign up for a premium news server account from the likes of giganews,
newsfeeds, clara.net etc.

Old April 11th 04, 10:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy M Jenkins

[email protected][email protected] wrote:
as i said, im noy on BT Yahoo, just BT's basic BB service. Im using
news.btopenworld.com as my news provider.

Officially, you should not have _any_ access to _any_ BT news server, as
the BT Broadband is a minimal service.

That said (which is irrespective to the purpose of this thread), the
newsserver is the same. All BT Retail ISP (consumer) customers use
news.btopenworld.com, or a sligtly different FQDN. All ultimately end
up at the same server.

Old April 11th 04, 10:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"[email protected][email protected]" wrote in message
as i said, im noy on BT Yahoo, just BT's basic BB service. Im using
news.btopenworld.com as my news provider.

By rights, BT Broadband does not have newsgroup access and its just a case
of luck that you can actually use the BTYahoo (aka BTopenworld) news
service. Seeing as you are using the BTyahoo news server, then you are
unfortunately going to get the same problems as BTYahoo customers even
though you are a BT customer.