conection

Old April 12th 04, 06:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
parkhead

Default conection

conection is ok but when i use a phone i hear a hissing noise when conected
using ndo broadband 1mbit
and if i download the download is interupted if i use phone
win98
binatone500dsl modem
ie6
any help thanks

Old April 12th 04, 06:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

parkhead wrote:
conection is ok but when i use a phone i hear a hissing noise when
conected using ndo broadband 1mbit
and if i download the download is interupted if i use phone
win98
binatone500dsl modem
ie6
any help thanks

Probably a filtering problem, you have got all your phones filtered (well
make that anything connected to your telephone line should be filtered,
bells, faxes, sky digi boxes, modems, alarms etc etc)??

Old April 12th 04, 06:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
King Queen

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:07:42 +0100, "parkhead"
wrote:

conection is ok but when i use a phone i hear a hissing noise when conected
using ndo broadband 1mbit
and if i download the download is interupted if i use phone
win98
binatone500dsl modem
ie6

You need an ADSL filter for your conventional phone, if you haven't
already got one. If you do already have one it sounds like it is a bit
knackered and you need a new / better one. There are various suppliers
on the net, including http://www.ebuyer.com

--
To email me remove ".lartsspammers"
http://www.kingqueen.org.uk
Old April 14th 04, 06:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

"Kráftéé" wrote in message
parkhead wrote:
conection is ok but when i use a phone i hear a hissing noise when
conected using ndo broadband 1mbit
and if i download the download is interupted if i use phone
win98
binatone500dsl modem
ie6
any help thanks

Probably a filtering problem, you have got all your phones
filtered (well make that anything connected to your telephone line
should be filtered, bells, faxes, sky digi boxes, modems, alarms
etc etc)??

You'd be suprised at how many problems are caused by faulty filters, mind
you I spent a good 3 hours tracing one today (it had the same problems as
you did) & it was down to a bad connection in the PCP (the green box
somewhere near your house).

It's only taken 4 engineers (I use that term loosely) to find it.......

Old April 14th 04, 06:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:19:46 UTC, "Kráftéé"
wrote:

You'd be suprised at how many problems are caused by faulty filters, mind
you I spent a good 3 hours tracing one today (it had the same problems as
you did) & it was down to a bad connection in the PCP (the green box
somewhere near your house).

As a matter of interest...you say 'somewhere near'...

Not sure where there is one near here. How far away are they, typically,
at a maximum? Technically, I guess there is no particular limit, but in
your experience?

Just idle curiosity...

--
Bob Eager
begin by not using Outlook Express...
Old April 14th 04, 11:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

wrote:

You'd be suprised at how many problems are caused by faulty
filters, mind you I spent a good 3 hours tracing one today (it had
the same problems as you did) & it was down to a bad connection in
the PCP (the green box somewhere near your house).

As a matter of interest...you say 'somewhere near'...

Not sure where there is one near here. How far away are they,
typically, at a maximum? Technically, I guess there is no
particular limit, but in your experience?

Just idle curiosity...

In town, no more than 500 yards but in the country they can be miles
away...................in another village......

Makes for easy faulting (NOT)...

Old April 15th 04, 12:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 22:36:03 UTC, "Kráftéé"
wrote:

the same problems as you did) & it was down to a bad connection in
the PCP (the green box somewhere near your house).

As a matter of interest...you say 'somewhere near'...

Not sure where there is one near here. How far away are they,
typically, at a maximum? Technically, I guess there is no
particular limit, but in your experience?

In town, no more than 500 yards but in the country they can be miles
away...................in another village......

Think I've just remembered wheer I've seen one....when I was growing up,
I walked everywhere a lot more...here, I walk more at work...!