Upgrade from 150K to 512K

« BBCi Broadband | . »

Old April 13th 04, 07:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bert

Default Upgrade from 150K to 512K

I have upgrade my Tiscali bb from 150 to 512 kbps. At 07.00 hours this
morning ADSLguide speedtest gaeve downstream 139 kbps and upstream 246 kbps.
These figures don't seem right to me. Am I correct and if so what should the
normal figures be?

Bert.

Old April 13th 04, 07:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy M Jenkins

Bert wrote:
I have upgrade my Tiscali bb from 150 to 512 kbps. At 07.00 hours this
morning ADSLguide speedtest gaeve downstream 139 kbps and upstream 246 kbps.
These figures don't seem right to me. Am I correct and if so what should the
normal figures be?

Clearly seems that Tiscali have not yet upgraded your account. Do you
know when this should occur ? If today, then this early in the morning
might be a little opimistic.

--
Regards
Andy M Jenkins
Old April 13th 04, 09:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Pearce

"Bert" wrote in message
I have upgrade my Tiscali bb from 150 to 512 kbps. At 07.00 hours

this
morning ADSLguide speedtest gaeve downstream 139 kbps and upstream

246 kbps.
These figures don't seem right to me. Am I correct and if so what

should the
normal figures be?

Bert.

Those figures are not correct for a 512 kbps service, BUT about
correct
for tiscali!!! A client of mine ordered broadband thru breathe,
they
are a tiscali reseller. The connection has been very very slow ever
since
it was installed. His upstream has been fine but the downstream is
awful
ranges from 6kbps to about 25..26 kbps if he's lucky nowhere near the
50+ kbps he should be able to get.

Andrew

Old April 13th 04, 10:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mark sayers

Hi, It may take it from your next billing date Regards mark

Old April 13th 04, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 07:29:08 +0100, "Bert"
wrote:

I have upgrade my Tiscali bb from 150 to 512 kbps. At 07.00 hours this
morning ADSLguide speedtest gaeve downstream 139 kbps and upstream 246 kbps.
These figures don't seem right to me. Am I correct and if so what should the
normal figures be?

Bert.

Hi there,

Have they told you they have completed the work? It usually take about
7 days. You may need to disconnect / reconnect to get your new speeds.
The speeds posted are definately Tiscali's 150kbps speed.

regards

Luke
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----+
Old April 14th 04, 06:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bert

Thanks for all your answers. I received an automated email saying 11th
April, this was Easter Sunday, so I send them two emails to verify this
date. I haven't heard from Tisacli at all. I will wait and see until the end
of the week.

Thanks,

Bert.

Old April 14th 04, 09:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bert

It now seems that I will have it from the next billing cycle, when ever that
is.

Bert.

Old April 18th 04, 01:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bert

Default 150K to 512 K UPDATE

Tiscali support team A tells me to call support team B and B tells me to
call A. So nothing new here. Is there anyone who recently upgraded their
broadband connection? How long did it take?

Thanks,

Old April 18th 04, 02:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Bert" wrote in message
Tiscali support team A tells me to call support team B and B tells me to
call A. So nothing new here. Is there anyone who recently upgraded their
broadband connection? How long did it take?

If your upload is 246 then that sounds about right for a 512 service, but
obviously your download speed is crapilitis. Looks to me like you have been
upgraded, but the service you are getting is appalling.

Old April 18th 04, 05:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bert

Customer support can't even confirm that I am upgraded. Maybe it is wise to
downgrade and see what happends to my speed.