CPBB

Old April 13th 04, 01:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default CPBB

Anybody using this service ? I am thinking of doing so , and would welcome
comments from users,

Chris
Old April 13th 04, 04:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
reboot

Anybody using this service ? I am thinking of doing so , and would
welcome
comments from users,
Chris

Hi Chris,

I've been using their 1Meg service for a couple of months now and haven't
had any problems at all, speed test results are not brilliant but are
perfectly acceptable,
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/sp...75ef3cbea24633
this is a typical result, apparently they are not the best option if you are
really in to online gaming though (routing issues or something like that).

Old April 13th 04, 11:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham Tavener

I cancelled my 'engineer installed' BT 512Kbps service and signed up with
them for 2Mbps (actually 2272/288), had to give BT 10 days notice to
disconnect me and then a 20 day wait on dialup (aargh, it's soo slow) before
I was connected by Telefonica (13th day line was up but unable to
authenticate) and CPBB provisioned my account (20th day after a few emails
to enquire about progress).
Only been a week, but no complaints so far. Fastest downloads are around
200KB/s, but this varies of course as a faster connection also highlights
the servers that are not able to deliver the files as fast as others.
Static IP is a bonus for running a server.
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/sp...5f75ae3f350d1e
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/sp...004a3de88f1955
Haven't tried any gaming yet, will have to check the latency on BF9142 one
of these days.