ndo

Old April 13th 04, 01:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
parkhead

Default ndo

i have done a speed test i am on 1mbit service ndo.
downstream 734kpbs actual 792kpbs
upstream 243kpbs actual 262kpbs
can the above speed be inproved by tweaks or the mutu setting if so how
can it be done.
i downloaded a software called drtcp is it any goo d
thanks

Old April 13th 04, 02:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grant Crozier

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:23:06 +0100, "parkhead"
wrote:

i have done a speed test i am on 1mbit service ndo.
downstream 734kpbs actual 792kpbs
upstream 243kpbs actual 262kpbs
can the above speed be inproved by tweaks or the mutu setting if so how
can it be done.
i downloaded a software called drtcp is it any goo d
thanks

Well I am on F2S 1Mb and the slowest downstream I have had in the last
six months is 924 most times I get 980 and I am not tweaked and I
don't think all the tweaks in the world will get you up to that sort
of speed.
Grant .
Old April 13th 04, 04:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Blue Sky

wrote:

i have done a speed test i am on 1mbit service ndo.
downstream 734kpbs actual 792kpbs
upstream 243kpbs actual 262kpbs
can the above speed be inproved by tweaks or the mutu setting if so how
can it be done.
i downloaded a software called drtcp is it any goo d
thanks

Well I am on F2S 1Mb and the slowest downstream I have had in the last
six months is 924 most times I get 980 and I am not tweaked and I
don't think all the tweaks in the world will get you up to that sort
of speed.
Grant .

Why don't you just come out and say "My ISP is better than your ISP" That is
what you are implying. The OP only asked a legit question.

Anyway Grant I do wish you would make up your mind, the other week you were
spouting on about how much BT were crap and that you had changed to cable
broadband namely, telewest.

Old April 13th 04, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grant Crozier

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:54:55 +0100, "Blue Sky"
wrote:
Why don't you just come out and say "My ISP is better than your ISP" That is
what you are implying. The OP only asked a legit question.

I wasn't the one that mentioned speed I am not a speed merchant never
have been never will be and I wasn't implying what you suggest either
I was merely pointing out the differential in speed.
Anyway Grant I do wish you would make up your mind, the other week you were
spouting on about how much BT were crap and that you had changed to cable
broadband namely, telewest.

I am now connected to Twest but having just paid BT for another
quarters rental (incidentally before I made that posting) which
expires bang on the last day of June I may has well stick with F2S for
the moment because they are the best no doubt about it.
Not that any of this is of any concern of yours of course, I not you
have not bothered to even attempt to answer the OP's question
either ! .
Grant .