Netlimiter needs more security

Old April 13th 04, 03:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Terry

Default Netlimiter needs more security

I recently tried netlimiter as a way of limiting the bandwidth of my
childrens computer to a reasonable level that allows them to access the
internet using my broadband connection, but without allowing them to have
the whole full bandwidth. The program works very well, but everytime I have
checked their system, they have switched off netlimiter. Does anyone know
if there is a program like netlimiter that is more secure? Netlimiter
appears to be lacking badly in this area for what I need it for.

Thanks
Terry Carins

Old April 13th 04, 08:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

the whole full bandwidth. The program works very well, but everytime I
have checked their system, they have switched off netlimiter. Does anyone
know if there is a program like netlimiter that is more secure?
Netlimiter appears to be lacking badly in this area for what I need it
for.

Thanks
Terry Carins

Terry, have you been in touch with the writers of netlimiter to enquire if
they could do this ?

Dave

Old April 13th 04, 09:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Blue Sky

"Kris" wrote in message
Terry writes:
I recently tried netlimiter as a way of limiting the bandwidth of my
childrens computer to a reasonable level that allows them to access the
internet using my broadband connection, but without allowing them to

have
the whole full bandwidth. The program works very well, but everytime I

have
checked their system, they have switched off netlimiter. Does anyone

know
if there is a program like netlimiter that is more secure? Netlimiter
appears to be lacking badly in this area for what I need it for.

This was discussed last week I think. One of the replies was to use software
to hide / password protect the folder that netlimiter was in.

Old April 13th 04, 10:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Terry

"Dave Stanton" wrote in message
news
the whole full bandwidth. The program works very well, but everytime I
have checked their system, they have switched off netlimiter. Does

anyone
know if there is a program like netlimiter that is more secure?
Netlimiter appears to be lacking badly in this area for what I need it
for.

Thanks
Terry Carins

Terry, have you been in touch with the writers of netlimiter to enquire if
they could do this ?

Dave

A friend sent them an email a few times, but they didn't reply

Terry