Can I have BT broadband if I have OneTel carrier preselect?

Old April 13th 04, 10:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Murmansk69

Default Can I have BT broadband if I have OneTel carrier preselect?

I'm moving in with someone who has a BT line and all her calls go via
OneTel - I think it's called carrier preselect. She just gets a BT
bill for line rental.

Will I be able to get BT basic broadband or will the OneTel thing be a
problem?

Thanks
Old April 13th 04, 11:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Murmansk69" wrote in message
om...
I'm moving in with someone who has a BT line and all her calls go via
OneTel - I think it's called carrier preselect. She just gets a BT
bill for line rental.

Will I be able to get BT basic broadband or will the OneTel thing be a
problem?

There will be no problem with that, Murmansk. As long as its a BT line, it
doesnt matter hwo you pay the calls to.

Old April 14th 04, 12:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

You don't plan to get broadband from BT ? Plenty of better and cheaper
providers: PlusNet, Pipex, Zen....
Regards,
Martin

Old April 14th 04, 12:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
0870 881 1554

But wouldn't you be better off with anonther provider than BT Broadband?

www.bextech.org.uk

Old April 14th 04, 07:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Murmansk69

"0870 881 1554" wrote in message m...
But wouldn't you be better off with anonther provider than BT Broadband?

www.bextech.org.uk

Thanks for those answers folks.

I'm going for BT because you can get the basic for £19.99 which is all
I need, also because we'll be moving in due course to another address
and with BT if you move you can continue the minimum one year contract
at the new address and if they can't supply broadband at the new
address they let you off the rest of the year's contract