Is there any way to Network an Dilink DI614+ to a Dlink DWL 900+AP?

Old April 13th 04, 11:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The great Baz

Default Is there any way to Network an Dilink DI614+ to a Dlink DWL 900+AP?

The 900 will be attached to a PS2 and the DI 614+ is downstares or have i
bought totaly the wrong things

Thanks
]Barry

Old April 14th 04, 01:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul King

"The great Baz" wrote in message
The 900 will be attached to a PS2 and the DI 614+ is downstares or have i
bought totaly the wrong things

What I think you are trying to do is wirelessly connect the PS2 to the
Internet. Since the PS2 doesn't have a wireless connection, you are plugging
its Ethernet port into the DWL900AP+ and trying to get that connected to the
DI614+.

The DWL900AP+ is a Wireless access point, used to aggregate (one or more)
wirelessly connected computers to an Ethernet LAN. The DI614+ is a wireless
and wired router used to connect (one or more) wirelessly connected
computers *AND/OR* up to 4 wired Ethernet computers (or other equipment)
either to the Internet via a modem, or another router, connected to its WAN
port. In a small computer environment you probably don't need the DWL900AP+
since the DI614+ will aggregate the wireless computer(s). However, if you
have *LOTS* of wireless computers then the DWL900AP+ could be used for load
sharing the wireless side of things. It would still need to be cabled to the
DI614+ via its Ethernet port.

See http://www.dlink.co.uk/pages/product..._overview.html
and
http://www.dlink.co.uk/pages/products/dwl900applus.asp for more details. Be
aware that there is no link to the DI614+ on the Dlink website - it links to
the DI624+ Could be that the DI614+ is going obsolete!

Instead of the DWL900AP+, you needed to buy a DWL810+ This converts the PS2
Ethernet port to wireless, which then connects (wirelessly) to the DI614+

In other words, the DWL900AP+ converts an (upstream) Ethernet signal to
(downstream) wireless - The DWL810+ converts an (upstream) wireless signal
to (downstream) Ethernet.

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...D=29&Alt=Ye s
Although these are stated as XBox compatable, I'm sure they will work for
PS2.

Old April 14th 04, 01:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul King

"Paul King" wrote in message
s.com...

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...D=29&Alt=Ye s
Although these are stated as XBox compatable, I'm sure they will work for
PS2.

Bad form to reply to your own post, but :-
Yes, it does,
http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...D=30&Alt=Ye s
confirms it

Old April 14th 04, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The great Baz

"Paul King" wrote in message
s.com...
"Paul King" wrote in message
s.com...

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...D=29&Alt=Ye s
Although these are stated as XBox compatable, I'm sure they will work

for
PS2.

Bad form to reply to your own post, but :-
Yes, it does,

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...D=30&Alt=Ye s
confirms it

Thank you for the quick reply, I will get the DWL 810 but i have bought the
900+ allready and tryed to flash it and now i cant get access to it at
all, Im not having a lot of luck here

Barry