Wiring help

Old April 15th 04, 02:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
KerplunKuK

Default Wiring help

Am I correct in thinking I need patch cables from my ADSL modem to my
Ethernet port?
Do I need to add filters on every telephone port within my house or only the
ones before the modem connection?

Thanks

--
Victoria Concordia Crescit

Old April 15th 04, 02:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

See http://www.adslguide.org.uk/guide/connections.asp

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
Old April 15th 04, 10:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

KerplunKuK wrote:

Am I correct in thinking I need patch cables from my ADSL modem to my
Ethernet port?

Depends on the modem. If it uses USB, it plugs into a USB port and doesn't
connect to the ethernet port. Read the installation instructions!

Do I need to add filters on every telephone port within my house or
only the ones before the modem connection?

You need a filter on every socket where an analog device (e.g. phone, fax,
answering machine, oridinary analog modem etc.) is plugged in *unless* you
fit a filtered master socket and connect all your extension wiring into the
filtered outlet on that.

--
Cheers,
Tim