Newsgroup Provider?

Old April 15th 04, 02:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jamez

Default Newsgroup Provider?

Hi,

Just signed up for Bulldogs Primetime1000 service, seems pretty good
so far, however, they do not provide a newsgroup service. Can anyone
recommend a good Newsgroup Provider, I'm aware that I will have to pay
as I want binaries.

Thanks,
Morbius

Old April 15th 04, 03:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Jamez" wrote in message
Just signed up for Bulldogs Primetime1000 service, seems pretty good
so far, however, they do not provide a newsgroup service. Can anyone
recommend a good Newsgroup Provider, I'm aware that I will have to pay
as I want binaries.

The 29.99/year account at http://www.uk.clara.net/btbroadband/ - if you
want to download more than 10gb/month, then look at one of the options on
http://www.uk.clara.net/homeaccess/claranews.php

Regards
Sunil

Old April 15th 04, 04:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jamez

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:22:45 +0100, "Sunil Sood"
wrote:

"Jamez" wrote in message
.. .
Just signed up for Bulldogs Primetime1000 service, seems pretty good
so far, however, they do not provide a newsgroup service. Can anyone
recommend a good Newsgroup Provider, I'm aware that I will have to pay
as I want binaries.

The 29.99/year account at http://www.uk.clara.net/btbroadband/ - if you
want to download more than 10gb/month, then look at one of the options on
http://www.uk.clara.net/homeaccess/claranews.php

Regards
Sunil

Thanks for the suggestions.

Are Astraweb any good...I like the idea of 25Gb for $10, anyone have
any experience with this crowd?

Morbius
Old April 15th 04, 05:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Redman

"Jamez" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:22:45 +0100, "Sunil Sood"
wrote:

"Jamez" wrote in message
.. .
Just signed up for Bulldogs Primetime1000 service, seems pretty good
so far, however, they do not provide a newsgroup service. Can anyone
recommend a good Newsgroup Provider, I'm aware that I will have to pay
as I want binaries.

The 29.99/year account at http://www.uk.clara.net/btbroadband/ - if you
want to download more than 10gb/month, then look at one of the options on
http://www.uk.clara.net/homeaccess/claranews.php

Regards
Sunil

Thanks for the suggestions.

Are Astraweb any good...I like the idea of 25Gb for $10, anyone have
any experience with this crowd?

Morbius

Not with Astraweb personally as I haven't got ADSL yet but I've heard they
are very good.

Redman

Old April 15th 04, 06:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Troy

Jamez wrote:

Just signed up for Bulldogs Primetime1000 service, seems pretty good
so far, however, they do not provide a newsgroup service. Can anyone
recommend a good Newsgroup Provider, I'm aware that I will have to pay
as I want binaries.

I notice you're using Agent. In case you don't know, Agent has it's own
newsgroup service (APN) :-

http://www.forteinc.com/apn/

I'm trying the 2Gb option at the moment and it seems OK. Don't know about
the other options - why not check it out - they offer a free trial.

HTH.
--
Regards,

Troy the Black Lab.
Old April 15th 04, 06:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

Someone recommended Forteinc.com to me which charges $2.95 a month for 2GB.
I have found it an excellent service. I was using my NTL news account but
could never connect. Never have any problems with Forte.

Old April 15th 04, 09:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
zeebop

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 16:14:06 +0100, Jamez wrote:

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:22:45 +0100, "Sunil Sood"
wrote:

"Jamez" wrote in message
. ..
Just signed up for Bulldogs Primetime1000 service, seems pretty good
so far, however, they do not provide a newsgroup service. Can anyone
recommend a good Newsgroup Provider, I'm aware that I will have to pay
as I want binaries.

The 29.99/year account at http://www.uk.clara.net/btbroadband/ - if you
want to download more than 10gb/month, then look at one of the options on
http://www.uk.clara.net/homeaccess/claranews.php

Regards
Sunil

Thanks for the suggestions.

Are Astraweb any good...I like the idea of 25Gb for $10, anyone have
any experience with this crowd?

Morbius

Yep - I use Astraweb in conjunction with Pipex.
They are probably the best value - but probably not the most reliable.
I'm happy with them though. Certainly worth the money.

Some info he
http://forum.newzbin.com/viewforum.php?f=11
Old April 16th 04, 10:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
F F Skitty

"Jamez" wrote in message
Hi,

Just signed up for Bulldogs Primetime1000 service, seems pretty good
so far, however, they do not provide a newsgroup service. Can anyone
recommend a good Newsgroup Provider, I'm aware that I will have to pay
as I want binaries.

Thanks,
Morbius

I use usenetserver: It's something like 10 dollars a month (when you pay
quarterly) for *unlimited* downloads, excellent completion, and retention on
many groups going back three to four weeks.

Old April 16th 04, 12:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
XpUser

After careful thought and consideration Troy typed:
Jamez wrote:

Just signed up for Bulldogs Primetime1000 service, seems pretty good
so far, however, they do not provide a newsgroup service. Can anyone
recommend a good Newsgroup Provider, I'm aware that I will have to
pay as I want binaries.

I notice you're using Agent. In case you don't know, Agent has it's
own newsgroup service (APN) :-

http://www.forteinc.com/apn/

I'm trying the 2Gb option at the moment and it seems OK. Don't know
about the other options - why not check it out - they offer a free
trial.

HTH.

Can l use any newsreader with forteinc, or do l have to use forte agent?