webspace with adsl account

Old April 16th 04, 05:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Gardner

Default webspace with adsl account

How much webspace is being offered with 'home' adsl accounts these days -
on average?

Old April 16th 04, 09:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AngelHosts.com

"Simon Gardner" [dot]co[dot]uk wrote in message
How much webspace is being offered with 'home' adsl accounts these days -
on average?

I recently scanned most ADSL providers and they offered from 10Meg upwards
to 20megs. I went with www.Plus.net who offer 250megs, plus php, cgi.
--
Regards

Krys

Old April 16th 04, 11:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
J Houston

"Simon Gardner" [dot]co[dot]uk wrote in message
How much webspace is being offered with 'home' adsl accounts these days -
on average?

Dunno about average, but I use Pipex and I think
it's 50Mb webspace.

James H

Old April 16th 04, 02:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Gardner

In article ,
"AngelHosts.com" wrote:

I recently scanned most ADSL providers and they offered from 10Meg upwards
to 20megs.

Oh right. That seems a bit mean...

I went with www.Plus.net who offer 250megs, plus php, cgi.

Old April 16th 04, 02:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Hurrell

"Simon Gardner" [dot]co[dot]uk wrote in message
How much webspace is being offered with 'home' adsl accounts these days -
on average?

I use Nildram and I get 100mb. Although no support for server side
development.

Old April 16th 04, 04:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Julian Knight

AngelHosts.com wrote:

"Simon Gardner" [dot]co[dot]uk wrote in message

How much webspace is being offered with 'home' adsl accounts these days -
on average?

I recently scanned most ADSL providers and they offered from 10Meg upwards
to 20megs. I went with www.Plus.net who offer 250megs, plus php, cgi.

Yep, PlusNet seem to have the best offering by quite a long way, you even
get a secure unix command line! Something most dedicated hosts don't provide.

Their support seems reasonable too and I have no complaints about speed.
Even better, they are Sheffield based

BTW if you do sign up with them, feel free to use my referral id "worship"
to save me a few pence.

--
Julian Knight, http://www.knightnet.org.uk/
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Old April 16th 04, 05:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David C

Unlimited web space with UkOnline www.ukonline.net