Pipex adsl line dropping

Old April 16th 04, 12:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alastair Smeaton

Default Pipex adsl line dropping

lately, last days - anyone else seen this happen ?
Old April 16th 04, 04:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:01:49 +0100, Alastair Smeaton
wrote:

lately, last days - anyone else seen this happen ?

Not here.

MK

Michael Kenward Words for sale
Old April 16th 04, 11:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Filthy Rich

wrote:

lately, last days - anyone else seen this happen ?

Nope....

Filthy Rich
Music House
Old April 17th 04, 02:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

lately, last days - anyone else seen this happen ?
Nope....

Not here either - could it be your setup ? A USB modem perhaps ?

If you can give us more of an idea under what conditions it drops
connection it might help narrow down the cause.

Is it under high load / heavy computation load (ie. online games) ?
Do you need to reboot before you can reconnect ?

Old April 17th 04, 09:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alastair Smeaton

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 02:41:07 +0100, Colin Wilson
wrote:

lately, last days - anyone else seen this happen ?

Nope....

Not here either - could it be your setup ? A USB modem perhaps ?

If you can give us more of an idea under what conditions it drops
connection it might help narrow down the cause.

Is it under high load / heavy computation load (ie. online games) ?
Do you need to reboot before you can reconnect ?

Thanks to both replies - no particular conditions - just drops off for
a few seconds then reconnects. maybe just an exchange thing ?

Seems to be fine for the last 2 days

cheers
--

Alastair Smeaton
Old April 17th 04, 04:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

news
wrote:

Thanks to both replies - no particular conditions - just drops off for
a few seconds then reconnects. maybe just an exchange thing ?

More likely a line thing, noise spikes can/will cause the service to loose
synch...

Old April 17th 04, 04:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JD

wrote:

Thanks to both replies - no particular conditions - just drops off for
a few seconds then reconnects. maybe just an exchange thing ?

More likely a line thing, noise spikes can/will cause the service to loose
synch...

I reterminated my master LJU and this fixed my problems

Old April 17th 04, 11:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alastair Smeaton

wrote:

Thanks to both replies - no particular conditions - just drops off for
a few seconds then reconnects. maybe just an exchange thing ?

More likely a line thing, noise spikes can/will cause the service to loose
synch...

that's what I meant - local to my line or my exchange.

Have been caught before, assuming that problems are with my setup,
make changes only to discover it is outwith my pc :-)

Old April 17th 04, 11:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alastair Smeaton

wrote:

Thanks to both replies - no particular conditions - just drops off for
a few seconds then reconnects. maybe just an exchange thing ?

More likely a line thing, noise spikes can/will cause the service to loose
synch...

I reterminated my master LJU and this fixed my problems

??? LJU ?

do you mean you replaced your adsl filters ?
Old April 18th 04, 01:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CJ

wrote:

"Kráftéé" wrote in message

"Alastair Smeaton" wrote in message
news On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 02:41:07 +0100, Colin Wilson
wrote:

I reterminated my master LJU and this fixed my problems

snip

??? LJU ?

do you mean you replaced your adsl filters ?

Or do you mean you re-wired the incoming telephone master socket?

CJ