Plusnet Q?

Old April 16th 04, 12:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AngelHosts.com

Default Plusnet Q?

How long does it take to setup an account with plusnet?

I opted for Direct Debit payments and given the Bank Holiday, today is the
4th day my account is still on the first bit - Checking your Account (by
this i assume they mean bank account)?

--
Regards

Krys

http://www.angelhosts.com - http://www.tssn.org
http://www.krystianwhellans.com - http://www.skin-cub.co.uk

Old April 16th 04, 02:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"AngelHosts.com" wrote in message
How long does it take to setup an account with plusnet?

I opted for Direct Debit payments and given the Bank Holiday, today is the
4th day my account is still on the first bit - Checking your Account (by
this i assume they mean bank account)?

Raise a ticket and ask them whats happening. It'll get assigned to the
provisioning team and if you are lucky it just may speed things up, as it
should go through that stage v.quickly in my experience.

Jc.

Old April 16th 04, 03:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth Edmondson

"AngelHosts.com" wrote in message
How long does it take to setup an account with plusnet?

I opted for Direct Debit payments and given the Bank Holiday, today is the
4th day my account is still on the first bit - Checking your Account (by
this i assume they mean bank account)?

--
Regards

Krys

Hi Krys,

I had this problem at the very beginning, and contacted them about it. The
reason they told me was because they were waiting for the bank to give the
okay before taking out the initial setup costs (and modem costs). They
informed me that if I contacted them with my card (debit or credit) details
they would take the first payment immediately and things would move quicker.

I provided my credit card details through the website and phoned them
informing them of the change. By the end of the day things were moving, the
money had been taken and they had contacted BT for a switch-on date - the
website 'ADSL Tracker' was updated to reflect the time and date.

Hope this helps you,

Best wishes

Gareth Edmondson

Old April 16th 04, 03:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AngelHosts.com

Thanx for the feedback guys

--

Regards

Krystian

Old April 16th 04, 04:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:29:49 +0100, "Gareth Edmondson"
wrote:

"AngelHosts.com" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Hi there,

This is exactly why your account has been delayed. We need to get the
direct debit active before we can place an order. This generally takes
about 5 working days. If you do update your payment details with a
credit card and give us a quick call, we can have an order submitted
today.

regards

Luke
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----+
Old April 16th 04, 04:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Julian Knight

AngelHosts.com wrote:

How long does it take to setup an account with plusnet?

I opted for Direct Debit payments and given the Bank Holiday, today is the
4th day my account is still on the first bit - Checking your Account (by
this i assume they mean bank account)?

I did the first bit by credit card, the whole thing went through and the
line was active in about a week.

--
Julian Knight, http://www.knightnet.org.uk/
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Old April 16th 04, 08:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Wira One

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:23:22 +0100, AngelHosts.com wrote:

How long does it take to setup an account with plusnet?

I opted for Direct Debit payments and given the Bank Holiday, today is the
4th day my account is still on the first bit - Checking your Account (by
this i assume they mean bank account)?

Mine took exactly 7 days (5 working days)..

Old April 18th 04, 12:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan Law

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...

Hmmm ..... i submitted an order for a friend of mine, using a credit
card for initial payment and direct debit thereafter.

//snipped//

If your credit card is used once only, it may be prudent to have details
deleted from PlusNet's system after the initial transaction is completed.
Unfortunately this cannot be done online (or at least it could not when I
tried last autumn). When I raised a ticket for this to be done I was
initially fobbed off, and it took some persistence to get the details
removed.
--
Alan Law

Old April 18th 04, 05:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 12:05:56 +0100, "Alan Law"
wrote:

"Tx2" wrote in message
et...

Hmmm ..... i submitted an order for a friend of mine, using a credit
card for initial payment and direct debit thereafter.

//snipped//

If your credit card is used once only, it may be prudent to have details
deleted from PlusNet's system after the initial transaction is completed.
Unfortunately this cannot be done online (or at least it could not when I
tried last autumn). When I raised a ticket for this to be done I was
initially fobbed off, and it took some persistence to get the details
removed.

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that. Any request raised to remove credit card
details should be actioned straight away.