IP Camera

Old April 16th 04, 04:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

Default IP Camera

Would appreciate if someone would give an honest assesment of the
picture quality of an IP camera used on a LAN [at 100mpbs] and whether
any kind of decent picture is possible at a remote location using a
Broadband connection at both ends.

DAVID BRADLEY
Old April 16th 04, 06:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kimball K Kinnison

"David Bradley" wrote in message
Would appreciate if someone would give an honest assesment of the
picture quality of an IP camera used on a LAN [at 100mpbs] and whether
any kind of decent picture is possible at a remote location using a
Broadband connection at both ends.

DAVID BRADLEY

My website

www.the-holodeck.com

Has an Axis 2100 Network Camera running on it. I am on broadband via
PlusNet.

You are welcome to take a look. The actual web server runs from the camera
itself so works even if my PC is turned off

Old April 16th 04, 07:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven Campbell

My website

www.the-holodeck.com

Has an Axis 2100 Network Camera running on it. I am on broadband via
PlusNet.

You are welcome to take a look. The actual web server runs from the camera
itself so works even if my PC is turned off

Is that you hard at it on the PC?
With me being on dial-up, it is the best web cam I have seen.

Steven.

Old April 16th 04, 07:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kimball K Kinnison

"Steven Campbell" wrote in message
My website

www.the-holodeck.com

Has an Axis 2100 Network Camera running on it. I am on broadband via
PlusNet.

You are welcome to take a look. The actual web server runs from the

camera
itself so works even if my PC is turned off

Is that you hard at it on the PC?
With me being on dial-up, it is the best web cam I have seen.

Steven.

Yep thats me!

It does slow down somewhat when (as now!) 30 or 40 people are trying to
access it at the same time!

Off for an Indian now so there will be little activity for a while - I will
leave the light turned on!

Old April 16th 04, 08:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:56:59 +0100, "Kimball K Kinnison"
wrote:

"David Bradley" wrote in message
.. .
Would appreciate if someone would give an honest assesment of the
picture quality of an IP camera used on a LAN [at 100mpbs] and whether
any kind of decent picture is possible at a remote location using a
Broadband connection at both ends.

DAVID BRADLEY

My website

www.the-holodeck.com

Has an Axis 2100 Network Camera running on it. I am on broadband via
PlusNet.

You are welcome to take a look. The actual web server runs from the camera
itself so works even if my PC is turned off

Good enough for me to investigate the matter further. What sort of
budget is required to duplicate what you have done?

If you wish to email me please use a contact link on my web site at
www.trolleybus.net - the email address used here is bogus.

Regards
David Bradley
Old April 17th 04, 07:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
sdf

Good enough for me to investigate the matter further. What sort of
budget is required to duplicate what you have done?

If you wish to email me please use a contact link on my web site at
www.trolleybus.net - the email address used here is bogus.

Regards
David Bradley

I've beeb looking at those axis network cams, i would love to have the
ceiling mounted one with pan and zoom but they are very pricey

http://www.axis.com/products/video/c...oduct_list.htm
Old April 17th 04, 08:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Newsgroup

In message , sdf
writes

Good enough for me to investigate the matter further. What sort of
budget is required to duplicate what you have done?

If you wish to email me please use a contact link on my web site at
www.trolleybus.net - the email address used here is bogus.

Regards
David Bradley

I've beeb looking at those axis network cams, i would love to have the
ceiling mounted one with pan and zoom but they are very pricey

http://www.axis.com/products/video/c...oduct_list.htm

I have played with Axis, and yes they are very good but expensive. As an
alternative look at

http://www.veo.com/products_network.asp

They do a similar product in both wired and wireless form.

--
Simon Smith

http://www.dancingbear.demon.co.uk/
"If I was in it for the money, I'd be a millionaire by now"
Old April 17th 04, 09:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kimball K Kinnison

wrote:

[...]

I have the Axis 2100 and I got it from Simply Computers at

http://tinyurl.com/33al4

It is the cheapest of the Axis Camera. I found it easy to set up and it just
sits on the wall and has run 24/7 for the last year without ever having a
problem.

Old April 17th 04, 09:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kimball K Kinnison

Default IP Camera - Now Password Protected!

wrote:

[...]

I have had so many hits - up to 40 people at a time trying to view the video
stream from my camera I have had no bandwidth left to play Unreal Tournament
2004 on line. I have therefore password protected the video stream!

Sorry folks!

Old April 17th 04, 10:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:29:50 +0100, "Kimball K Kinnison"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Now that's a useful thing to know about and do when I get round to
setting one up.

Just goes to show that this newsgroup is very well read!

David Bradley