ADSL Line Attenuation

Old May 8th 04, 05:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pRot3us

Default ADSL Line Attenuation

I've recently been getting disconnected a lot, and was wondering if theres a
problem with my attenuation/noise

Upstream/Downstream Attenuation both 23.0 dB
and
Upstream/Downstream Noise Margin both +31.0 dB

Can anyone tell me if these are ok/look normal, I'm suspecting my modem may
have gone tits up :\

TIA

Sean

Old May 8th 04, 05:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gus

both are fine, you worry when the download Attenuation figure gets near to
60db, so your 23 more than well within the limits.

Old May 8th 04, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Landregan

"Gus" wrote in message
both are fine, you worry when the download Attenuation figure gets near to
60db, so your 23 more than well within the limits.

I wouldnt even worry at 60. Mine is over 60 by a good margin, anf never had
a problem in 12 months.

Its the SNR (Noise margin) thats important. 6dB is the lowest before rate
adaption kicks in.

Old May 8th 04, 11:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian Gregory [UK]

"Gus" wrote in message

both are fine, you worry when the download Attenuation figure gets
near to 60db, so your 23 more than well within the limits.

I'm no expert but isn't it rather odd for the downstream and upstream
figures to be the same?

--

Brian Gregory (In the UK).

To email me remove the letter vee.