Wireless connection problems

Old May 8th 04, 06:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andre

Default Wireless connection problems

I have 3 computers:

1 has DLink wireless card - this has the broadband modem also
1 has EBuyer Value wireless card
1 laptop has built in wireless

I am not using a router, just ad-hoc

When I have all 3 machines turned on, I can have shared internet access on
all three
If I have the laptop tunred off, then the two other computers wont connect
properly to each other... the one with the internet connection will have
wirless connection enabled, then 1 second later say wirless connection
unavailable; so the two computers wont connect to each other directly.
However, if I have the laptop turned on, then they are all able to wireless
connect to each other. What is wrong?

Thanks!