Can I connect ADSL filters *before* ADSL connection?

Old May 9th 04, 12:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter X

Default Can I connect ADSL filters *before* ADSL connection?

Hi,

Another question; can I connect my ADSL filters before my line is
converted to ADSL?

The reason I'm asking is because I want to switch the phone points to
use filtered boxes rather than the plug in filters, which will take
slightly longer for me to get sorted out!

Ta!!

--
Peter
Old May 9th 04, 12:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Peter X wrote:
Hi,

Another question; can I connect my ADSL filters before my line is
converted to ADSL?

The reason I'm asking is because I want to switch the phone points to
use filtered boxes rather than the plug in filters, which will take
slightly longer for me to get sorted out!

Yes you can, it will not affect your phoneline. You can even plug in your
modem before activation and with any luck you may be activated early.

Old May 9th 04, 12:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter X

Beck wrote:

Peter X wrote:

Hi,

Another question; can I connect my ADSL filters before my line is
converted to ADSL?

The reason I'm asking is because I want to switch the phone points to
use filtered boxes rather than the plug in filters, which will take
slightly longer for me to get sorted out!

Yes you can, it will not affect your phoneline. You can even plug in your
modem before activation and with any luck you may be activated early.

You're a fountain of knowledge Beck! Thanks muchly!!
Old May 9th 04, 12:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Hewitt-Dutton

I got activated 3 days early, but I've read about people being done upto 2
weeks before the date given by the ISP.

Pete.