PlusNet

Old May 9th 04, 10:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DB

Default PlusNet

I've read on this group many positive comments about PlusNet, which helped
me decide to migrate to them. However, on first impressions I am finding it
very difficult to share people's enthusiasm about this company.

I placed my order with them on 4th April. They requested further details
from me which were duly provided on the 8th. By the beginning of May I had
not heard anything about progress so chased them on the matter, to be told
that they are waiting for a response from my current ISP. However, my
current ISP, keen for me to confirm that I have made other arrangements
before my contract with them runs out at the end of this week, tell me that
BT know nothing of a request for a migration. PlusNet continue to tell me
they are waiting for a response. So, PlusNet are sitting there waiting for
BT to respond to a migration request that they know nothing about. Surely,
given this information it wouldn't be asking too much for PlusNet to make a
little more effort and to chase BT to find out what's going on, would it?
It's not rocket science.

Old May 9th 04, 10:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Albrow, Sam J

"DB" wrote in message
[...]

Ask them to, don't tell us tell them as it were. To be honest Plusnet don't
seem to get on very well with BT's systems but if you get them to chase for
you they will. Once your with them they are very good, honestly - does seem
a long time though.

Sam

---
If you have any queries regarding this email please contact Horshamnet on
08708811293.

Old May 9th 04, 10:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DB

Ask them to, don't tell us tell them as it were. To be honest Plusnet
don't
seem to get on very well with BT's systems but if you get them to chase

for
you they will.

I have asked them, pointing out that BT know nothing of the migration
request. I simply got the same reply saying "we are waiting for a response
from your current ISP".

Old May 9th 04, 11:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cp

By the sound of it - it is not plusnet you should be chasing but your
current supplier to to give BT a kick up the ass and to pass on the
requested info to Plusnet.

Your current ISP has to tell BT that you are cancelling and they have to
provide you with a code which is passed on to Plusnet so thery can start
there work - sounds like that has not been done.

Old May 9th 04, 11:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

DB wrote:

[...]

My PlusNet ADSL Easy Start service has recently gone live, and I am very
happy with the performance. [This was a new supply, not a migration from
another ADSL ISP].

However, their ordering process leaves something to be desired -
particularly where Direct Debits are concerned. If you opt to pay by DD,
they request the bank to set it up - but do not action the order until they
receive confirmation from the bank that it *has* been set up. Nothing wrong
with that, However, because DDs can take *up to* five working days (i.e. an
elapsed week) to set up, they appear not to check whether it is in place
until a week has elapsed. In my case, the DD was set up within 2 days - and
I could see it on my on-line bank details. Nevertheless, PlusNet refused to
accept this until they had heard *officially* from the bank - and seemed to
be incapable of doing any chasing. This seems similar in essence to your
problem.

It seems to me that they need to become a bit more proactive in these
respects.

---
Cheers,
Tim
______

Old May 9th 04, 11:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Robert Maskill

cp wrote:

By the sound of it - it is not plusnet you should be chasing but your
current supplier to to give BT a kick up the ass and to pass on the
requested info to Plusnet.

Your current ISP has to tell BT that you are cancelling and they have to
provide you with a code which is passed on to Plusnet so thery can start
there work - sounds like that has not been done.

Assuming of course that the current provider supports migration, if they
don't then most likely they will ignore the communication from Plusnet/BT

I had this when I left my previous ISP to move to Pipex, but I took the
cowards way out and cancelled the first ISP on one line and had ADSL put
on my second line by Pipex.... made life much easier.

--
Robert Maskill G4PYR
Peterborough Cambridgeshire
Old May 9th 04, 11:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Sun, 9 May 2004 09:03:09 +0100, DB wrote:

[...]

Hi,

If you want to let me have your username or a ticket number I'll take a
look into what's happening with the migration request.
We get BCC'd into the mail that gets sent to your existing ISP so I can
have a search for this to see if/when it was sent.

--
Regards,

Old May 9th 04, 11:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Sun, 9 May 2004 10:12:39 +0100, Tiscali Tim wrote:

DB wrote:

[...]

Hi Tim,

The problem with Direct Debit setup is that we have no way of chasing them
up, unfortunately this is all down to the inherant slowness in the UK
banking system. We send the Direct Debits off as soon as we receive them,
depending on which bank you are with this can be processed in a couple of
days but we until we get the response back that the Direct Debit is set up
we have know way of knowing if the details we have are correct.

Old May 9th 04, 01:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

[...]

The problem is with your bank not Plusnet! It is quite unreasonable to
expect a company not wait until they have confirmation in these
circumstances. The DD system still relies on an inherently slow method of
handling transactions. However frustrating it may be you just have to be
patient. No doubt Plusnet are as keen to start getting the revenue as you
are to get your connection running.

Old May 9th 04, 03:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiny Tim

DB wrote:
[...]

Please be aware that BT Wholesale can be absolute c###suckers when it comes
to sorting out a migration. I tried to migrate about a year ago and it took
6 weeks for BT Wholesale to finally release my old line from my old ISP
(BTOpenwound) so that my intended new ISP (PlusNet) could take it over.

BTO and BTW kept losing their own internal communications about the cease
order so basically I was left in the lurch with my BTO contract dead and BTW
holding on to the line because they didn't "know" it was being
ceased/migrated. PlusNet could do nothing because the contract that was
holding the line was between BTO and BTW and PlusNet had no leverage. BTW
will not talk to end users like me because their contract is with the ISPs
and not the end users. I had limited leverage with BTO because my contract
with them had ended. And BTW would not talk to PlusNet about the new
provision because the line was still contracted to BTO, or so they thought.

Long story short, I got 60 compensation from BTO for the inconvenience and
wasted time and money in dialup costs while they got their f###ing act
together. They first refused to do anything but I wrote to Oftel, who
forwarded by complaint to BTO (they don't deal with complaints about ISPs,
only telephony) but it was enough to cause a change of heart with BTO.

I actually ended up staying on dialup for about 6 months and then went to
PlusNet when they launched their EasyStart product last autumn. I'm a
satisfied customer. Please feel free to quote "easytiger" as a referral code
if you sign up with PlusNet.

--
Please remove leading underscore to reply by email.