Solwise SAR130 ADSL Modem-Router - Opinions Sought

Old May 9th 04, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rufus Stone

Default Solwise SAR130 ADSL Modem-Router - Opinions Sought

I am thinking of buying the Solwise SAR130 prior to the installation of
ADSL in a few weeks.

I have checked ADSL Guide and there is a good review of the SAR110 on which
the newer SAR130 is based. I know that the recently released firmware
revision was buggy and has been withdrawn. A newer version is awaited which
will allow VoIP.

Other than this, doea anyone have any opinions on the SAR130? Would be
grateful for and advice or negative comments.

Thanks,

Rufus.
Old May 9th 04, 12:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Walker

Rufus Stone wrote:
I am thinking of buying the Solwise SAR130 prior to the installation
of ADSL in a few weeks.

I have checked ADSL Guide and there is a good review of the SAR110 on
which the newer SAR130 is based. I know that the recently released
firmware revision was buggy and has been withdrawn. A newer version
is awaited which will allow VoIP.

Other than this, doea anyone have any opinions on the SAR130? Would be
grateful for and advice or negative comments.

There's a very active user forum - reachable via the solwise web-site

Old May 9th 04, 02:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"Steve Walker" wrote in message

There's a very active user forum - reachable via the solwise web-site

I like my SAR110 lots, and the SAR130 is very similar. do visit the forums
at www.solwise.co.uk like Steve says.

Jc.

Old May 10th 04, 10:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

"Rufus Stone" wrote in message
I am thinking of buying the Solwise SAR130 prior to the installation of
ADSL in a few weeks.

I have checked ADSL Guide and there is a good review of the SAR110 on

which
the newer SAR130 is based. I know that the recently released firmware
revision was buggy and has been withdrawn. A newer version is awaited

which
will allow VoIP.

Other than this, doea anyone have any opinions on the SAR130? Would be
grateful for and advice or negative comments.

Thanks,

Rufus.

Hi
Personally dont use one, but the customers i've sold them to seem happy. I
never get any support calls anyway.

Ian
www.cyber-cottage.co.uk

Old May 11th 04, 02:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alexander Mann

Rufus Stone wrote:
I am thinking of buying the Solwise SAR130 prior to the installation of
ADSL in a few weeks.

I have checked ADSL Guide and there is a good review of the SAR110 on which
the newer SAR130 is based. I know that the recently released firmware
revision was buggy and has been withdrawn. A newer version is awaited which
will allow VoIP.

Other than this, doea anyone have any opinions on the SAR130? Would be
grateful for and advice or negative comments.

Thanks,

Rufus.

It's very well featured but it could be more stable. IME, random
crashes are quite/very rare but using the web interface seemed to crash
it time and time again. I think the problem is the memory useage and,
as the logs build up, it eventually gets to the point where it can't cope.

I'd be tempted to look for a better featured router on eBay or
something. Still, the SAR130 isn't at all bad...

--
Alexander Mann