Plusnet or Force9?

Old May 9th 04, 03:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tom Ruben

Default Plusnet or Force9?

What's the difference, apart from a .com vs .co.uk e-mail address?
--
Tom
Old May 9th 04, 03:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Sun, 9 May 2004 14:26:11 +0100, Tom Ruben
wrote:

What's the difference, apart from a .com vs .co.uk e-mail address?

Hi Tom,

There is very little difference these days between Force9 and PlusNet (and
Free-Online for that matter). The accounts and services are identical and
the only real differences are, as you say the format of the email and web
address, plus the choice of username as different ones will be available
each of them.

--
Regards,

Old May 9th 04, 03:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

news
wrote:
Hi Tom,

There is very little difference these days between Force9 and PlusNet (and
Free-Online for that matter). The accounts and services are identical and

Regards,

| Dave Tomlinson

I respect you Plus.net guys, you hang about these NG`s, help people out.

Just a shame the activation charge is high for ADSL through Plusnet, would
of been a customer of yours :0(

Old May 9th 04, 04:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tom Ruben

In article -service-com,
Meggahurtz writes

wrote:
Hi Tom,

There is very little difference these days between Force9 and PlusNet (and
Free-Online for that matter). The accounts and services are identical and

Regards,

| Dave Tomlinson

I respect you Plus.net guys, you hang about these NG`s, help people out.

I second that. Instant response, too.

Just a shame the activation charge is high for ADSL through Plusnet, would
of been a customer of yours :0(

Not on Easystart.
--
Tom
Old May 9th 04, 04:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

wrote:
Hi Tom,

There is very little difference these days between Force9 and PlusNet
(and
Free-Online for that matter). The accounts and services are identical
and

Regards,

| Dave Tomlinson

I respect you Plus.net guys, you hang about these NG`s, help people out.

Just a shame the activation charge is high for ADSL through Plusnet,
would
of been a customer of yours :0(

Hi,

The standard activation is 58.75 for a yearly contract which is exactly
what BT charge us for activation. We also offer EasyStart which includes
free activation and a free modem.
I'm not sure how we could reduce this further unless BT drop the wholesale
activation fee without either increasing the subscription charge or making
a loss.

Old May 9th 04, 04:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

"PlusNet Support Team" wrote in message
news
Hi,

The standard activation is 58.75 for a yearly contract which is exactly
what BT charge us for activation.

Ok, but how can Pipex offer a service (1mb) with no Activation fee?

I already have a modem (D-Link) so easystart would of been no good to me..

Old May 9th 04, 04:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Sun, 9 May 2004 15:27:11 +0100, Meggahurtz wrote:

"PlusNet Support Team" wrote in message
news
Hi,

The standard activation is 58.75 for a yearly contract which is exactly
what BT charge us for activation.

Ok, but how can Pipex offer a service (1mb) with no Activation fee?

I already have a modem (D-Link) so easystart would of been no good to
me..

Pipex will likely be able to offer this because they hold you to 12 month
contract, if you cancel early then you have to pay off the activation fee.
They'll make the activation fee back over the course of the year. This is
similar to EasyStart only we include the modem as well. There's nothing to
stop you signing up for EasyStart and just keeping the modem as a spare in
case your existing modem goes wrong.

Old May 9th 04, 07:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Black Shuck

PlusNet Support Team wrote:
On Sun, 9 May 2004 15:27:11 +0100, Meggahurtz wrote:

"PlusNet Support Team" wrote in message
news
Hi,

The standard activation is 58.75 for a yearly contract which is exactly
what BT charge us for activation.

Ok, but how can Pipex offer a service (1mb) with no Activation fee?

I already have a modem (D-Link) so easystart would of been no good to
me..

Pipex will likely be able to offer this because they hold you to 12
month contract, if you cancel early then you have to pay off the
activation fee. They'll make the activation fee back over the course of
the year. This is similar to EasyStart only we include the modem as
well. There's nothing to stop you signing up for EasyStart and just
keeping the modem as a spare in case your existing modem goes wrong.

or selling it on ebay....