Plusnet Order

Old May 9th 04, 05:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

Default Plusnet Order

Hi, I posted a few days ago about my order. I have an activation date 11th
May (This Tuesday) and my hardware has not been sent.

A Plusnet rep has since put an order in for me which he said should be with
me Monday or Tuesday. Just logged into my Plusnet account and the status of
hardware has changed to "The supplier is waiting for stock". Oh dear...I
hope this is not going to be a story where it drags on for ages or I will be
cancelling.

Old May 9th 04, 06:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sid Fishes

"Gareth :-) voom" wrote in message ...
Hi, I posted a few days ago about my order. I have an activation date 11th
May (This Tuesday) and my hardware has not been sent.

A Plusnet rep has since put an order in for me which he said should be with
me Monday or Tuesday. Just logged into my Plusnet account and the status of
hardware has changed to "The supplier is waiting for stock". Oh dear...I
hope this is not going to be a story where it drags on for ages or I will be
cancelling.

My PlusNet activation date is the 12th May, the hardware status on my account
is "order not placed" yet. Hate to think it could get any worse, ie, out of stock :-/

Old May 9th 04, 06:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alastair J. Smith

"Gareth :-) voom" wrote in message
Hi, I posted a few days ago about my order. I have an activation date 11th
May (This Tuesday) and my hardware has not been sent.

A Plusnet rep has since put an order in for me which he said should be

with
me Monday or Tuesday. Just logged into my Plusnet account and the status

of
hardware has changed to "The supplier is waiting for stock". Oh dear...I
hope this is not going to be a story where it drags on for ages or I will

be
cancelling.

Go to Argos, buy the Binatone adsl 500 modem and plug it in if you can't
wait, as your line is probably already activated. Then flog the other modem
on Ebay.

Old May 10th 04, 08:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ace

I believe it's actually the adsl 2000 at 49.95. Mine works ok, but since I
up/down graded to win2k from win 98se, I have to kill the power every day or
so because it loses web, news and mail. Of course being as I'm a tiscali
customer, the modem could have nothing to do with it :-)

Liam

Old May 10th 04, 11:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Ace wrote:

Go to Argos, buy the Binatone adsl 500 modem and plug it in if you
can't wait, as your line is probably already activated. Then flog
the other modem on Ebay.

I believe it's actually the adsl 2000 at 49.95. Mine works ok, but
since I up/down graded to win2k from win 98se, I have to kill the
power every day or so because it loses web, news and mail. Of course
being as I'm a tiscali customer, the modem could have nothing to do
with it :-)

Liam

According to the PlusNet web site, if you sign up for Easy Start, you get a
"free" modem worth UKP 44.99

However, having just signed up for Easy Start, they have sent me a Binatone
ADSL500, as sold by Argos for UKP 29.99

I don't need it anyway, since I am using a PCI modem and will shortly buy a
wireless router. Any offers?
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old May 10th 04, 03:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ace

My apolgies. I didn't realise the ADSL500 is new in the latest argos cat.
I don't normally look in it as the wife works there, and she's pretty much
got the thing memorised :-)

Old May 13th 04, 06:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sector999

tiscali

bwwwaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh